Riots in England. College Students Protest Tuition Hikes

09 Dec 2010 09:40 #1 by Residenttroll returns
I am watching a live feed of the riot. http://interactive.foxnews.com/livestre ... l?chanId=2

British Police on Horseback just got thrown off and trampled as I am writing this.....

Oops, live feed just switched to Paris...record snowfall of 4 inches. Global Warming.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Dec 2010 09:54 #2 by FredHayek
Maybe those British kids need to check out tuition rates at private colleges in the US before they riot again.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Dec 2010 10:06 #3 by ckm8

Residenttroll wrote: I am watching a live feed of the riot. http://interactive.foxnews.com/livestre ... l?chanId=2

British Police on Horseback just got thrown off and trampled as I am writing this.....

Oops, live feed just switched to Paris...record snowfall of 4 inches. Global Warming.

:lol: I love it when the ignorant show off by statements like "it's snowing! that proves there's no such thing as climate change!" Wow- the climate is changing, thus that disproves climate change. Such an intellectual giant!

09 Dec 2010 13:50 #4 by FredHayek
Now they have kicked Prince Charles' car.

Climate change? There have been some record lows last week. If the enviro-lefties can point to record highs, we should be able to point out record lows.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Dec 2010 14:05 #5 by LadyJazzer
Record highs, and record lows are all PART of "climate change"... It's not just about warming... It's the fact that as the climate warms overall, it messes with patterns all over the whole world.

I love how the game is played:

A) "There is no global-warming"...
This is particularly fun every year at winter time. The usual winter conditions and snow merely prove their point--and in the summer time when glaciers and ice-shelves are melting and breaking off. Of course, when you provide the evidence to show that the glaciers and polar caps are melting, that the eco-system, both oceanic and land-based, is totally messed up, then they move to:

B) "Well, I'll admit that the warming is happening, but it's not man-made or the result of CO2...It's just a normal cycle."

When you show proof of that then, they recycle to A)... (It must be tough to remember which cycle-of-denial they are currently in...But the show must go on.)

See, the earth's axis tilts at 23-1/2 degrees, so every year when the northern hemisphere is pointing AWAY from the sun we have what is known as "winter"--(which, in spite of climate-change, still occurs)... and, when the northern hemisphere is pointing TOWARD the sun we have what is known as "summer"...(Which has been the hottest summers and the warmest overall temperatures for the last decade of any 10-year period in recorded history...) :bash

09 Dec 2010 14:11 #6 by Residenttroll returns

ckm8 wrote:

Residenttroll wrote: I am watching a live feed of the riot. http://interactive.foxnews.com/livestre ... l?chanId=2

:lol: I love it when the ignorant show off by statements like "it's snowing! that proves there's no such thing as climate change!" Wow- the climate is changing, thus that disproves climate change. Such an intellectual giant!

I love it when the ignorant, in July, show off by statements like "it's hot outside!"

09 Dec 2010 14:17 #7 by Residenttroll returns

LadyJazzer wrote: Record highs, and record lows are all PART of "climate change"... It's not just about warming... It's the fact that as the climate warms overall, it messes with patterns all over the whole world.

Yeah, that explains why so many of the U.S. records still remain before the industrial age.

LadyJazzer wrote: I love how the game is played:

A) "There is no global-warming"...
This is particularly fun every year at winter time. The usual winter conditions and snow merely prove their point--and in the summer time when glaciers and ice-shelves are melting and breaking off. Of course, when you provide the evidence to show that the glaciers and polar caps are melting, that the eco-system, both oceanic and land-based, is totally messed up, then they move to:

B) "Well, I'll admit that the warming is happening, but it's not man-made or the result of CO2...It's just a normal cycle."

When you show proof of that then, they recycle to A)... (It must be tough to remember which cycle-of-denial they are currently in...But the show must go on.)

Yes, you must mean that mini-Wikileak Climategate data as "proof?"

LadyJazzer wrote: See, the earth's axis tilts at 23-1/2 degrees, so every year when the northern hemisphere is pointing AWAY from the sun we have what is known as "winter"--(which, in spite of climate-change, still occurs)... and, when the northern hemisphere is pointing TOWARD the sun we have what is known as "summer"...(Which has been the hottest summers and the warmest overall temperatures for the last decade of any 10-year period in recorded history...) :bash

Yes, recorded history....we have less than 50 years of accurate data (not until the 70's did we have digital thermometers, prior to that most of the recording was done by humans) for an earth that is claimed by the same scientist as being 100,000,000 years old.

09 Dec 2010 14:20 #8 by LadyJazzer
Perhaps raising college tuition rates 300% is not one of the smartest ways to reduce the budget? If the net result is that A LOT fewer people can now afford to go to college, and therefore you have a less-educated population, what is the overall benefit of that? Yep... Saved a few bucks... but at what cost?

09 Dec 2010 14:24 #9 by Residenttroll returns

LadyJazzer wrote: Perhaps raising college tuition rates 300% is not one of the smartest ways to reduce the budget? If the net result is that A LOT fewer people can now afford to go to college, and therefore you have a less-educated population, what is the overall benefit of that? Yep... Saved a few bucks... but at what cost?

Just give them all government back loans....that's what we do in America.

09 Dec 2010 16:53 #10 by Nmysys

therefore you have a less-educated population

And they are all Democrats!!!! Who knew???

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds