A Ring By Spring: The MRS Degree

23 Dec 2010 18:50 #11 by Tiny Bubbles
I know this kinda combines 2 of the topics here but I remembered a photo my cousin sent me after she went to a wedding of a friend of a friend in england. She made a joke about them meeting at the british naval academy but I think later she said they just wore sailor outfits as a sort of gay rights protest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Dec 2010 18:58 #12 by major bean
VL is a riot!

Regards,
Major Bean

24 Dec 2010 08:48 #13 by walktrot
Very common in the 50's and 60's. Actually, the main reason a girl went to college. So glad times have changed for most. Some still have this as the #1 reason they want to go to college.

06 Jan 2011 06:12 #14 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic A Ring By Spring: The MRS Degree
What women really want: to marry a rich man
Women still want to marry men who are better educated and earn more money than them, a report finds today.

The idea that women dislike being financially dependent on men is a myth, with more choosing to “marry up” now than did so in the 1940s, according to Dr Catherine Hakim from the London School of Economics.
After decades of gender equality campaigning many women now find it hard to admit that they want to be a housewife more than they want a successful career of their own, she said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... h-man.html

06 Jan 2011 06:49 #15 by 2wlady
Let's remember, this is Britain talking. They still have rampant sexism. Calling women "cows," and the women calling themselves that as well. Ugh.

06 Jan 2011 07:47 #16 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic A Ring By Spring: The MRS Degree
Just brought up for discussion. Don't think they are right. I just found out about this MRS thing from my son, who is in college. I didn't believe him at first.

06 Jan 2011 08:39 #17 by Nobody that matters
I was in college in the late '80s. MRS degree seekers were common. Alot of them seemed to be Liberal Arts or Business majors.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds