How Is America Going To End?

29 Dec 2010 20:50 #11 by dummy up
The logic of your first argument , as stupid and lacking facts as it was, has convinced me to leave you to your predictions. Have fun with your delusions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Dec 2010 21:02 #12 by major bean
This thread was opened with the teaser: "Some food for thought, stir the imaginative juices. What's possible, what isn't? What's happening already? Who's in denial/adding to the problem and who isn't?"
So........I added my two cents. I felt that my proposition that the U.S. would eventually be the property of China had some merit, considering that we were to present imaginative scenerios. What your problem with this thread might be is unknown.

Consider this:
The SCAM behind NAIS - "Our Land: Collateral for the National Debt" By Derry Brownfield

Here is the link: http://www.opednews.com/articles/The-SCAM-behind-NAIS--Ou-by-Derry-Brownfield-081130-795.html

You have displayed you lack of understanding of monetary and political principles which run our dear world.

Now, bug off!

Regards,
Major Bean

29 Dec 2010 21:12 #13 by dummy up
Scuse me for questioning your Swamidom. Can't argue with a psychic know it all.

29 Dec 2010 21:19 #14 by major bean
You are a troll. You did not even read the original post of the originator of this thread. It was posted to get imaginative scenerios.
You just want to fight. I like a good scrap every once in a while.

I gave you a reasonable link and it now appears that you have not read it.
Why not drop the "Up" part from your nicki. It would be more apropos.

Regards,
Major Bean

29 Dec 2010 21:44 #15 by Blazer Bob

Dummy Up wrote:

major bean wrote: Our collateral for securing our national debt is all of the soil of the United States, regardless of individual title. If the United States defaults on our national debt China will own the lion's share of the U.S. At that time the U.S. citizen and all other entities will be dispossessed of their property.

Give me one historical fact that a great power dissolved over debt. Lots of ways for that to happen but a debtor nation failing because it owes another country is absurd. What a bunch of hooey.

"Currencies, Culture And Chaos – If it is difficult to grasp the enormity of the numbers in this tale of hyper-inflation, it is far more difficult to grasp how it destroyed a culture, a nation and, almost, the world.

People’s savings were suddenly worthless. Pensions were meaningless. If you had a 400 mark monthly pension, you went from comfortable to penniless in a matter of months. People demanded to be paid daily so they would not have their wages devalued by a few days passing. Ultimately, they demanded their pay twice daily just to cover changes in trolley fare. People heated their homes by burning money instead of coal. (It was more plentiful and cheaper to get.)"

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... s%3Disch:1

29 Dec 2010 22:27 #16 by Residenttroll returns
SC,
Now you fetching Russian economist for theories on how the US will end. Isn't this story about a year old? A little slow in your current events file?

Dummy Up, need an example of a Super Power dissolved because of debt? ROME

30 Dec 2010 07:28 #17 by Pony Soldier
good article SC. I wonder if this will ever come to pass. Seems it has a lot of historical basis. I want to be in the new country with Texas - they can at least produce everything they need.

30 Dec 2010 08:12 #18 by FredHayek

major bean wrote: Our collateral for securing our national debt is all of the soil of the United States, regardless of individual title. If the United States defaults on our national debt China will own the lion's share of the U.S. At that time the U.S. citizen and all other entities will be dispossessed of their property.

I noticed that the article was blatantly biased. Not worth consideration, really.

Many countries have defaulted on their debt and not wound up being posessed by another country. And our debt as percentage of GDP isn't as bad as the PIIGS or Japan right now.

Breakup of the US? Unlikely, but I do see it changing, more likely to be a Spanglish country instead of the old melting pot. And I do believe we will slowly lose our superpower status, but I don't think anyone will claim it, China & India have major hurdles to overcome before they can reach that level.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds