Getting the Priorities Straight

05 Jan 2011 14:17 #31 by LadyJazzer
You forgot to include the approximately $1.7 TRILLION included in the deficit for the two unnecessary wars that were never included in the "budget" in the first place, but done with "emergency appropriations" to keep them off the books, and therefore unpaid for...

And, yeah, I'd settle for a $340 Billion reduction in defense spending ... That's almost enough to make a dent in the $700 billion for the Part-D drug benefit that the GOP didn't pay for... Or the $700 Billion that it's going to cost to give the top 2% of rich folks a tax-cut they don't need, and which won't create any real jobs...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jan 2011 14:20 #32 by Martin Ent Inc
Federal workers do pay into the Social Security Ponzi, which IIRC started under Reagan in 1984. If a federal worker started their career before then, then they do not have to contribute to the Social Security Ponzi that the rest of us, and our employers, get to pay the tax on for the privilege of being employed or having employees.

Not necessarily.

05 Jan 2011 14:40 #33 by PrintSmith

LadyJazzer wrote: You forgot to include the approximately $1.7 TRILLION included in the deficit for the two unnecessary wars that were never included in the "budget" in the first place, but done with "emergency appropriations" to keep them off the books, and therefore unpaid for...

And, yeah, I'd settle for a $340 Billion reduction in defense spending ... That's almost enough to make a dent in the $700 billion for the Part-D drug benefit that the GOP didn't pay for... Or the $700 Billion that it's going to cost to give the top 2% of rich folks a tax-cut they don't need, and which won't create any real jobs...

Amazing how one year figures are used in conjunction with 10 year figures to distort, isn't it? More hyperbole that is long on outrage and short on substance.

05 Jan 2011 15:06 #34 by LadyJazzer
Amazing how when it isn't convenient for you to include the Trillions in the deficit caused by Bush's two unnecessary wars then suddenly that doesn't count. Don't you get a crick in your neck from all that twisting around trying to find something to be right about?

05 Jan 2011 17:29 #35 by Martin Ent Inc
1 unnecessary war, the other one is.

05 Jan 2011 17:30 #36 by Martin Ent Inc
And because of Hippies we have the problems we have today.

05 Jan 2011 18:10 #37 by LadyJazzer

Martin Ent Inc wrote: And because of Hippies we have the problems we have today.

rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol:

You probably believe that... God, you're funny....

rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol:

05 Jan 2011 18:12 #38 by Martin Ent Inc
Made ya laugh...

05 Jan 2011 18:20 #39 by Blazer Bob

PrintSmith wrote: [If your pension is a military pension, you might not be eligible for Medicare, but you, and your wife if I am not mistaken, should qualify for VA medical benefits after your 20 years of service as an alternative to Medicare.

As military retirees we receive tricare. Prior to my 65'th birth day I must enroll in medicare A and B and tricare becomes the supplement for all medicare covered services.
Or something like that, I am not close enough to 65 to have started paying close attention.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds