Getting the Priorities Straight

03 Jan 2011 13:48 #11 by Jonathan Hemlock
Wow! I hadn't heard of Hungary's seizing pensions.

Maybe the question is who is the government most fearful of?...

If I had to contend with a mass of 55 to 85 year olds after seizing their pensions or, altermatively manage a huge block of voters that are in their 20's and 30's, all filled with p*ss and vinegar, and who will be voting for another 30 - 40 years, I guess I'd have to p*ss off the old timers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jan 2011 13:59 #12 by HEARTLESS
Pissing off old timers may not be too bright either. If this nation has a revolution, the 20 to 30 somethings only know how to shoot off their mouths, the older ones have more real shooting experience.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

03 Jan 2011 14:34 #13 by Jonathan Hemlock
You know, everyone in government is talking, but no one is acting! When you and I spend more than we make, we have to file bankruptcy. When the government is going broke, they generally raise taxes. But, when taxes are already high and another hike won't pass muster, they look to cut the most obvious and unfortunately, the most hurtful parts of their expenditures.

Yet, government buildings continue to be built, (ParkCo is a fine example of that) and medical benefits for illegals, as in California, keep getting paid.

When I was working, I called all of this "Lazy Management". I would not allow my subordinates (if you'll excuse the expression), to manage this way. I believed it to be irresponsible and neglectful of the duties we were assigned. But, rather than identify the problem and also look into the problem and correct the greatest deficiencies, Lazy Managers decide to cut the most obvious and extreme items. The concept is called, "Biggest Bang for the Buck". Yet, what it is, is truly Lazy, Shameful Management.

Will someone please answer my question about the millions if not, billions of dollars in savings that can be found within all governmental entities, most of which must undeniably be considered wasteful? The expenditures that fund the Academy of Arts and Science, for art exhibits that only the family members of the artists attend. Or, the monies paid to fund studies which seek to find a method of birth control for wildlife like, moose, elk and deer. Can someone explain the need to provide governmental funding, in the millions of dollars, for birth control methods for 5 and 6 year old children in kindergarten classrooms?

These are just a few of the tremendously wasteful spending programs that must be reviewed and considered for defunding, before, and once again, attacking people's retirement benefits.

03 Jan 2011 15:04 #14 by 2wlady
Why are you eligible for a pension after 20 or so years? Another government bennie?

401Ks can't be touched without penalty until what? 59 or more? I don't know but I do know that if I don't leave that money alone, I get a huge penalty.

You may have put money into your pension plan, but you are getting more from it according to the plan.

With 401Ks, what's in it is all you get.

03 Jan 2011 15:28 #15 by Jonathan Hemlock
So, here goes another one voicing opinion against those who have previously served, to give you what you have demanded while I was working, but now wants to take away everything I've earned, and risked my life for.

God Bless America!

03 Jan 2011 15:35 #16 by daisypusher
I do not think it is clear and that apples and oranges may still be present. For example, if a pension takes X amount from a salary (plus what ever matching at the time) then if the pension cannot meet the benefits - benefits should be reduced and/or membership contributions increased (but no ponzi scheme) - no government bailout. Are you referring to another scenario?

04 Jan 2011 09:20 #17 by Jonathan Hemlock
Yes, I am thinking of another scenario! Another scenario, entirely! One which cuts all of the wasteful, useless and unnecessary spending from within our massive, overextended and over-reaching government, before attacking people's pension.

How much clearer can I get?

04 Jan 2011 09:38 #18 by LadyJazzer
Cut the military in half?; cut the unnecessary boondoggles to create weapons systems the military even says it doesn't need?; Stop fighting unnecessary "designer" wars for the neocons?; Close all the unnecessary bases, here and abroad?; bring most of the troops home and stop wrapping yourselves in flags pretending that every encounter is somehow "keeping us safe" and "ensuring our freedom"?

Wow, that would cut the spending in half!

05 Jan 2011 09:41 #19 by Jonathan Hemlock
Please reference my comment above regarding "Lazy Management".

05 Jan 2011 09:47 #20 by Martin Ent Inc

LadyJazzer wrote: Cut the military in half?; cut the unnecessary boondoggles to create weapons systems the military even says it doesn't need?; Stop fighting unnecessary "designer" wars for the neocons?; Close all the unnecessary bases, here and abroad?; bring most of the troops home and stop wrapping yourselves in flags pretending that every encounter is somehow "keeping us safe" and "ensuring our freedom"?

Wow, that would cut the spending in half!

China and a few others are hoping. :Whistle

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds