Remember NAFTA? Here we go again.

07 Jan 2011 09:51 #1 by Nmysys
News
Proposal Opens Door to Mexican Trucks

Published January 07, 2011

| Fox News Latino

The Obama administration released a proposal Thursday, described as a starting point for negotiations, that aims to re-open U.S. roads to Mexican truck companies.

The Department of Transportation proposal lays out in general terms conditions that Mexican long-haul truck carriers would have to meet, including a safety audit, U.S. emissions standards and driver background checks.

The proposal leaves a timetable and specifics on how many trucks would be allowed to enter the U.S. from Mexico to be resolved by negotiations, which are expected to begin very soon, transportation officials said.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2011/01/07/dot-seeks-resolve-trucking-dispute-mexico/#ixzz1AMwXy11P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jan 2011 09:57 #2 by FredHayek
Should make it easier for the Coyotes to transport humans.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Jan 2011 13:10 #3 by Nmysys
I posted this one to point out that George Bush started this, and here we see AGAIN, the Obama Administration doing the exact same thing. It never ceases to amaze me that for 8 years the left complained about the Bush policies, yet they do the same things, like the surge policy, though slower to get approved than when it was done by Bush in Iraq, done in Obama' war in Afghanistan, and the left doesn't have any complaints about it.

Shouldn't the main focus be on creating jobs and straightening out our own economy, rather than Mexico's? Just saying!!!!

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds