Mother & Father No Longer To Be On Passports!!

08 Jan 2011 07:16 #1 by Nmysys
'Mother,' 'Father' Changing to 'Parent One,' 'Parent Two' on Passport Applications

By Todd Starnes

Published January 07, 2011

| FoxNews.com

The words “mother” and “father” will be removed from U.S. passport applications and replaced with gender neutral terminology, the State Department says.

“The words in the old form were ‘mother’ and ‘father,’” said Brenda Sprague, deputy assistant Secretary of State for Passport Services. "They are now ‘parent one’ and ‘parent two.’"

A statement on the State Department website noted: “These improvements are being made to provide a gender neutral description of a child’s parents and in recognition of different types of families.” The statement didn't note if it was for child applications only.

The State Department said the new passport applications, not yet available to the public, will be available online soon.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/07/passport-applications-soon-gender-neutral/#ixzz1AS9qL0q5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2011 08:58 #2 by 2wlady
What's your point? A stepfather is not the biological father nor is he the adoptive father.

I don't see the controversy.

08 Jan 2011 09:03 #3 by LadyJazzer
He's got to be outraged about something...FauxNews is an endless supply for some people...

08 Jan 2011 09:20 #4 by netdude
Heat LJ! You heard the new faux news' tag line right? Faux news - feed the stupidity....

08 Jan 2011 09:28 #5 by Soulshiner
Sounds good to me. Thanks State Department.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

08 Jan 2011 09:35 #6 by pineinthegrass
I'm surprised the article didn't mention the even bigger outrage about US passports.

The word "Kenya" no longer appears on US passports. It has been replaced with "Hawaii".

08 Jan 2011 09:38 #7 by LadyJazzer
Only for those born in Hawaii and not Kenya... rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol:

08 Jan 2011 09:39 #8 by Nmysys
I post these things because they are news reports that you might not get to see by reading the Mainstream media news. Not all of them are controversial, but I can always depend on some of you to complain.

We are now accommodating the same sex adoptive parents and are showing how compassionate we are. Aren't you pleased????

08 Jan 2011 09:45 #9 by LadyJazzer
Yes... Actually, I am.

08 Jan 2011 09:46 #10 by Scruffy
Yes, this is a good progress.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds