Turnabout is Fair Play

08 Jan 2011 11:30 #1 by outdoor338
It takes what a lot of my Jewish friends call chutzpah for House Democrats who ran the House of Representatives since 2003 as if it was their solely owned domain for so long, now to demand a policy of the very bipartisanship they scorned.

With Republicans now at last in control of the House, Democrats who ruled the lower body with an iron hand, and stone deaf to the voice of the GOP minority, now cry out for a policy that will give them the important role in the business of the so-called lower body on Capitol Hill — the rights they denied to the GOP.

Hopefully the new Republican House majority that, while respecting the rights of the Democrat minority, will reject any policy that allows them to defeat or obstruct the Republican agenda that seeks to restore the sovereignty of the American people over the houses of Congress and an authoritarian federal government that relentlessly seeks more and more authority and power over its citizenry.

http://patriotupdate.com/articles/turna ... -fair-play

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2011 17:22 #2 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Turnabout is Fair Play
Amen Brother. And yes, that is the right word. LOL

08 Jan 2011 17:42 #3 by pineinthegrass

outdoor338 wrote: It takes what a lot of my Jewish friends call chutzpah for House Democrats who ran the House of Representatives since 2003 as if it was their solely owned domain for so long, now to demand a policy of the very bipartisanship they scorned.

One problem is the Democrats did not have a majority in the House until the 110th Congress in 2007.

08 Jan 2011 18:00 #4 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Turnabout is Fair Play

It takes what a lot of my Jewish friends call chutzpah for House Democrats who ran the House of Representatives since 2003 as if it was their solely owned domain for so long, now to demand a policy of the very bipartisanship they scorned.

One problem is the Democrats did not have a majority in the House until the 110th Congress in 2007.

And your point is? Did the Democrats scorn Bipartisanship or not?? Are they demanding it now, or not?

08 Jan 2011 18:16 #5 by pineinthegrass

Nmysys wrote:

And your point is? Did the Democrats scorn Bipartisanship or not?? Are they demanding it now, or not?

First, the author (Michael Reagan) of the article Outdoor cut and pasted without quotes apparently got the date wrong by 4 years. 8 years vs 4 years is a pretty big difference.

But yes, Republians were shut out during those four years much the same as Democrats were shut out prior to that when Republicans were in control, from 1995 to 2007 if I recall correctly. But from 1995 to today, things seem to be getting more and more partisan in Congress.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds