Remembering 9/11/01

10 Jan 2011 09:41 - 10 Jan 2011 09:55 #1 by Residenttroll returns
A neighbor was going to the Giffords event and invited Christina along because she thought she would enjoy it, said her uncle, Greg Segalini.
Christina had just been elected to the student council at her school. The event, held outside a Safeway supermarket north of Tucson, was an opportunity for constituents to meet Giffords and talk about any concerns they had related to the federal government.
“The next thing you know this happened. How do you prepare for something like this. My little niece got killed-took one on the chest and she is dead,” Segalini said outside the girl’s house.

Christina was born on 9/11/01 thus her picture was featured in the book by Christine Pisera Naman, entitled Faces of Hope, Babies Born on 9/11. Christina’s birth brought hope to America, taught us that in the face of tragedy life goes on. Her death was used by the media to destroy hope and generate political divisiveness, a sad tribute to this young girl’s life.

Born 9/11/01
Killed 1/7/11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2011 09:46 #2 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic Remembering 9/11/01
How has her death been used by the media to destroy hope and generate political divisiveness? Do you have examples? From what I've read, it seems the opposite.

10 Jan 2011 09:50 #3 by Residenttroll returns

Economist/ NY Times columnist Paul Krugman found a way to tie Glenn Back and Rush Limbaugh to the shooting:
You know that Republicans will yell about the evils of partisanship whenever anyone tries to make a connection between the rhetoric of Beck, Limbaugh, etc. and the violence I fear we’re going to see in the months and years ahead. But violent acts are what happen when you create a climate of hate. And it’s long past time for the GOP’s leaders to take a stand against the hate-mongers.
Then he disabled his comments because too many good people disagreed with him. By the way if anyone sees Krugman please let him know that MIT called, they want their PHD back, they say he is an idiot and he is giving the school a bad name.

The once proud CBS News ran their slanted version of the story, placing blame on Governor Palin:
But critics of Sarah Palin have already drawn a link between the shooting and the fact that the former Alaska governor put Giffords on a “target list” of lawmakers Palin wanted to see unseated in the midterm elections.
In March, Palin released a map featuring 20 House Democrats that used crosshairs images to show their districts. (You can see it here.) Critics suggested at the time that she was inciting violence by using the crosshairs imagery and for later writing on Twitter to her supporters, “‘Don’t Retreat, Instead – RELOAD!’”

[youtube:2psg954p]
[/youtube:2psg954p]

10 Jan 2011 10:09 #4 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic Remembering 9/11/01
That's not really using just her death, rather it is using the whole tragedy as an opportunity to assign political blame.

10 Jan 2011 10:16 #5 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Remembering 9/11/01
What an adorable little girl. I cannot imagine the hell her parents are going through.

10 Jan 2011 10:27 #6 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Remembering 9/11/01

CinnamonGirl wrote: What an adorable little girl. I cannot imagine the hell her parents are going through.

I have a 9 year old daughter myself and don't know how I could go on without her. I do think it is a little odd that her mother almost immediately went on national news talking about her. I know everyone grieves differently, I just don't know if I could even speak let alone talk to news people so soon. Maybe it hasn't really hit her mother yet.....what a sweet looking little angel.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Jan 2011 11:34 #7 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Remembering 9/11/01
It seemed perfectly natural to me that her parents wanted this town, and this nation, to know what a precious, special girl we have lost to a senseless tragedy. She had been singled out in many news casts, especially here in AZ, they helped to put a face and personality to the cold hard facts of the death of one so young.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds