IPhone

12 Jan 2011 10:14 #1 by Mayhem
IPhone was created by Mayhem
Will you get an IPhone from Verizon? For those who have IPhones will you jump ship on what Consumers Guide has called the worst cellphone company in America? Remember if you do change you have to buy another IPhone. Will this sway your decision?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2011 10:24 #2 by conifermtman
Replied by conifermtman on topic IPhone
If you do switch you probably want to wait until June or July when the next IPhone comes out.

I had an IPhone and dumped it for an Android phone on Sprint because AT&T sucks. I doubt I will ever go back to an IPhone because you are only get to choose between two vendors. At least with Android every carrier has at least one Android phone. Besides all the cool apps are from Google anyway, might as well go with a platform that is not throttled back by Steve Jobs. Navigation and maps is much nicer on Android then the IPhone. I don't ever use my Garmin anymore.

12 Jan 2011 10:27 #3 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic IPhone
I'm due for a new phone in April, we'll see what shakes out by then, I've been with Verizon forever and have been using the HTC Ozone smart phone.

12 Jan 2011 11:29 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic IPhone
We get great service from Verizon and I have been wanting a I-Phone for a long time. I think I will ask about the monthly costs before I get one. My current Samsung is about to die.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Jan 2011 11:38 #5 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic IPhone
We will order two on Feb 3rd. Our other phones are old.

While I don't always agree with the level of control Apple puts on products, I do love the stability of their products. I value stability of electronics over being able to do whatever I want.

I wish the VZ was offering the Iphone with the 4G chips.

12 Jan 2011 13:28 #6 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic IPhone
I always know when I get a call from someone with AT&T, we usually get disconnected.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Jan 2011 14:07 #7 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic IPhone
rofllol The Denver Post was hinting today that if many of the current AT&T I-Phone nuts switched over to Verizon and stopped overloading the AT&T network, it might work better.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Jan 2011 16:57 #8 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic IPhone

SS109 wrote: rofllol The Denver Post was hinting today that if many of the current AT&T I-Phone nuts switched over to Verizon and stopped overloading the AT&T network, it might work better.

Just hope it doesn't screw up Verizon.

12 Jan 2011 21:26 #9 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic IPhone
I've had very few problems with my iPhone and I've had it for several years. We switched from Verizon because AT&T had better coverage up here. We ended up dropping our land line after realizing we never used it. Apple has been great about replacing iPhones that are under warranty.

One thing that really blew me away was having a Skype app on my iPhone that works over the AT&T network -- not just wi-fi. Because of the 8 hour time difference, I sometimes have to talk to my daughter in Rome while I'm driving down 285 to Denver in the early afternoon and it doesn't cost me a cent because she's using Skype on her end, too.

Google Voice is also great. It gives you a new phone number and transcribes and records your voicemail so you can read it in an email or you can listen to it on the web. It also allows free text messaging. Our daughter forwards her U.S. AT&T number to her Google Voice number so her friends can still leave voice messages and she can retrieve them over the Internet for free and send and receive free text messages from her Google Voice number.

One thing I'm curious about is if Verizon will offer an unlimited calling and Internet plan with the iPhone, which AT&T did.

If you want wait until the new model of iPhone comes out, the iPhone 5 comes out in July.

13 Jan 2011 08:52 #10 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic IPhone

HappyNewYear wrote: I've had very few problems with my iPhone and I've had it for several years. We switched from Verizon because AT&T had better coverage up here. We ended up dropping our land line after realizing we never used it. Apple has been great about replacing iPhones that are under warranty.

One thing that really blew me away was having a Skype app on my iPhone that works over the AT&T network -- not just wi-fi. Because of the 8 hour time difference, I sometimes have to talk to my daughter in Rome while I'm driving down 285 to Denver in the early afternoon and it doesn't cost me a cent because she's using Skype on her end, too.

Google Voice is also great. It gives you a new phone number and transcribes and records your voicemail so you can read it in an email or you can listen to it on the web. It also allows free text messaging. Our daughter forwards her U.S. AT&T number to her Google Voice number so her friends can still leave voice messages and she can retrieve them over the Internet for free and send and receive free text messages from her Google Voice number.

One thing I'm curious about is if Verizon will offer an unlimited calling and Internet plan with the iPhone, which AT&T did.

If you want wait until the new model of iPhone comes out, the iPhone 5 comes out in July.

So is the Skype app on the Droid too as I do use that.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds