"Where are the riots?"

12 Jan 2011 10:36 #1 by Blazer Bob
............................"It is a situation of a different magnitude, but I am reminded of what did not happen in the wake of 9/11. I am reminded of what did not happen in the wake of the Ft. Hood shooting and what did not happen after Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad’s attack on the Army recruiting center in Little Rock.

May I point out: This is not normal, if by normal you mean consistent with the experiences of the greater part of mankind over history. When Indira Gandhi was assassinated — not eons ago, but in 1984, and not in some savage corner of the world, but in civilized, pacifistic India — thousands of Sikhs were lynched in retaliation, a pogrom of unbelievable horror. The French have seen more political violence this month while debating rent control than we will see after an assassination attempt. "

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/25 ... williamson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2011 10:42 #2 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic "Where are the riots?"
Even Neanderthals are more civilized than the French.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

12 Jan 2011 10:45 #3 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic "Where are the riots?"
In a moment of truth, wait until more people are unemployed, hungry, homeless here and we will see it over all sorts of reasons.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

12 Jan 2011 10:58 #4 by Ronbo
Replied by Ronbo on topic "Where are the riots?"
Why should there be riots over this incident. It's not like a sports team won a national championship.

12 Jan 2011 11:26 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic "Where are the riots?"

Ronbo wrote: Why should there be riots over this incident. It's not like a sports team won a national championship.

:lol:
Good point!

In the wake of a couple years of high unemployment and a bad economy, I thought we would see a increase in riots, crime and unemployment.

Maybe since a Dem is leading the economy union or social agitators aren't organizing demonstrations.

Part of the French riots are because a conservative President is in power.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Jan 2011 12:11 - 12 Jan 2011 12:35 #6 by Local_Historian
The French riot a lot. When my daughter ws in Paris on a school trip in 2005, students were rioting - they tried to get the American kids to join. It seems like it's SOP for them ever since the 1770s.

12 Jan 2011 12:32 #7 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic "Where are the riots?"
Americans didn't riot after the two Kennedy assassinations, nor did they riot after the attempted assassinations of Reagan and Ford. So why should they now?

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds