We Wonder Why?- This Is Now Our Society

12 Jan 2011 14:56 #11 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: And Apparently you still believe that Snopes is worthy as a verification tool. How many times has it been proven to be a tool of the LEFT?

People like you and LJ and Archer can't even see the value of a little humor at a time like this. You can take your nomination and stick it where the sun don't shine jerkoff. Common reoccurrence here is

obvious "outrage of the day"

Can you prove that Snopes is a tool of liberals? I even started a thread asking if Snopes was trustworthy and factual. The best response yo could come up with was "I just think it leans liberal, therefore it's liberal." or something equally vacuous.

Here's another chance - give something substantive, other than your opinion, that shows and proves Snopes is liberal. Otherwise, just like Outdoor338, we'll all know you to be disingenuous and untrustworthy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2011 15:00 #12 by Martin Ent Inc
Saw where Snopes was under investigation at one time, but now even that has been removed from the internet, and the media.

12 Jan 2011 15:06 #13 by HEARTLESS
George Soros dollars can rewrite or change nearly anything. http://www.dailypaul.com/node/142482

The silent majority will be silent no more.

12 Jan 2011 15:07 #14 by LadyJazzer
Must be a conspiracy.... rofllol

12 Jan 2011 15:09 #15 by HEARTLESS
I'll trump your conspiracy card with a racist card, game over.

12 Jan 2011 15:13 #16 by LadyJazzer
The usual deflection... Short attention spans are hell...

The question was: "Here's another chance - give something substantive, other than your opinion, that shows and proves Snopes is liberal. Otherwise, just like Outdoor338, we'll all know you to be disingenuous and untrustworthy."

We're still waiting..............

12 Jan 2011 19:24 #17 by pineinthegrass
We've had at least 2 threads about snopes.com. Probably more.

It's the same thing every time. There was ONE mass email during an election year where some guy claimed snopes wasn't right about one subject. His message was debunked not only by snopes, but by other "true or false" sites. His message also said he trusted one such site, and as I recall it was truthorfiction.com. But even that site fully supported snopes.

Look, snopes is run by humans, and humans make mistakes. So snopes can make mistakes. But I still haven't seen any evidence that they intentionally bend the truth one way or the other, except for that one mass email that is still to this day repeated over and over again to "show" that they are biased. As I recall, I think I've posted before that I looked into negative claims about George Bush that snopes researched, and they debunked more than they supported. Plus conservatives have often cited places like snopes (usually it's factcheck.org, I think) when the site supports what they say.

And one thing about the "true or false" sites is that they usually cite numerous references in footnotes. If you think the site is biased, just go look at their footnotes and do your own research.

But the problem is too many people are too lazy, IMO, to look at the references. Or too set in their own ideology that they don't even want to look at something that might make things difficult and challenge their beliefs. They've heard somewhere on the internet that snopes (or the other places) is biased, and refuse to even look into it for themselves. And to me, that's just sad.

No, they are not gospel, but they are a valuable resource with lots of research.

12 Jan 2011 22:39 #18 by Mayhem

12 Jan 2011 22:40 #19 by jf1acai
But, ya gotta admit, the OP post items would get your attention, if they were real! :lol:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

13 Jan 2011 08:05 #20 by HEARTLESS
And provide humor for those that still have some.

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds