Another right-wing nutcase arrested threatening congressman

13 Jan 2011 11:52 #1 by LadyJazzer

What violent rhetoric? Another right-wing nutcase arrested for threatening congressman. Was O'Reilly the inspiration?

Gee, and here I thought that all this talk about violent rhetoric was just a figment of our liberal imaginations:

One arrested in threats against Seattle congressman

A California man accused of threatening to kill Seattle Congressman Jim McDermott has been arrested and charged in federal court.

Charles Turner Habermann -- a 32-year-old Palm Springs, Calif., resident with a $3 million trust fund -- was arrested Wednesday morning on allegations that he made threatening phone calls to the office of the Seattle Democrat late last year.

Federal authorities contend Habermann admitted to making the calls because he was angry about taxes, but said he wouldn't risk losing his trust fund by attacking McDermott.

A McDermott staffer contacted the FBI on Dec. 10, reporting that the congressman's Seattle office had received the offending phone calls.

In one, the caller was heard calling McDermott "a piece of human filth," "a communist," and a "piece of (expletive) garbage."

"Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, or George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, if any of them had ever met uh, uh Jim McDermott, they would all blow his brains out," Habermann said in the first rambling message, according to charging documents. "They'd shoot him, in the head. They'd kill him, because he's a piece of, of, of disgusting garbage. …

"Any you let that (expletive) scum bag know, that if he ever (expletive) with my money, ever the (expletive) again, I'll (expletive) kill him, okay," Habermann continued, according to charges. "I'll round them up, I'll kill them, I'll kill his friends, I'll kill his family, I will kill everybody he (expletive) knows."

Here's what's really pretty remarkable about this: Remember that bizarre Bill O'Reilly column attacking McDermott for daring to suggest (while discussing whether to extend the Bush tax cuts) that Jesus might have been more concerned about helping the poor get their unemployment checks than he would in ensuring rich guys get their tax cuts?

Which just COINCIDENTALLY happens to be the day that Habermann called and unleashed this rant from California.

Far be it from me to suggest that there might be some connection there. Heavens no. That would be uncivil and unfair. O'Reilly might unleash the Flying Monkey Ambush Squad Featuring Jesse Watters on me. Lord only knows what kind of hate-filled death threats I'd get then.

http://crooksandliars.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jan 2011 17:24 #2 by Rick
You said "another", who was the other one?

Here's one:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/35152.html

"Leboon does not appear to be particularly politically active, but he does appear to have donated to President Barack Obama. On back-to-back days in June 2008, a man who called himself “Norman Leboon Sr” from Philadelphia gave $255 and $250 to Obama for America. The Democratic National Committee will donate $505 to charity if it was the same man that threatened Cantor. The DNC condemned the threats to Cantor and his family. "

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Jan 2011 18:08 #3 by navycpo7

LadyJazzer wrote:

What violent rhetoric? Another right-wing nutcase arrested for threatening congressman. Was O'Reilly the inspiration?

Gee, and here I thought that all this talk about violent rhetoric was just a figment of our liberal imaginations:

One arrested in threats against Seattle congressman

A California man accused of threatening to kill Seattle Congressman Jim McDermott has been arrested and charged in federal court.

Charles Turner Habermann -- a 32-year-old Palm Springs, Calif., resident with a $3 million trust fund -- was arrested Wednesday morning on allegations that he made threatening phone calls to the office of the Seattle Democrat late last year.

Federal authorities contend Habermann admitted to making the calls because he was angry about taxes, but said he wouldn't risk losing his trust fund by attacking McDermott.

A McDermott staffer contacted the FBI on Dec. 10, reporting that the congressman's Seattle office had received the offending phone calls.

In one, the caller was heard calling McDermott "a piece of human filth," "a communist," and a "piece of (expletive) garbage."

"Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, or George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, if any of them had ever met uh, uh Jim McDermott, they would all blow his brains out," Habermann said in the first rambling message, according to charging documents. "They'd shoot him, in the head. They'd kill him, because he's a piece of, of, of disgusting garbage. …

"Any you let that (expletive) scum bag know, that if he ever (expletive) with my money, ever the (expletive) again, I'll (expletive) kill him, okay," Habermann continued, according to charges. "I'll round them up, I'll kill them, I'll kill his friends, I'll kill his family, I will kill everybody he (expletive) knows."

Here's what's really pretty remarkable about this: Remember that bizarre Bill O'Reilly column attacking McDermott for daring to suggest (while discussing whether to extend the Bush tax cuts) that Jesus might have been more concerned about helping the poor get their unemployment checks than he would in ensuring rich guys get their tax cuts?

Which just COINCIDENTALLY happens to be the day that Habermann called and unleashed this rant from California.

Far be it from me to suggest that there might be some connection there. Heavens no. That would be uncivil and unfair. O'Reilly might unleash the Flying Monkey Ambush Squad Featuring Jesse Watters on me. Lord only knows what kind of hate-filled death threats I'd get then.

http://crooksandliars.com/

Freedom of speech is a good thing. Prove (you can't) that this nut is from the right. He just another nut. You are at the point that you are doing what you said needs to stop in this country.

13 Jan 2011 18:21 #4 by LadyJazzer

CriticalBill wrote: You said "another", who was the other one?

Here's one:

"Leboon does not appear to be particularly politically active, but he does appear to have donated to President Barack Obama. On back-to-back days in June 2008, a man who called himself “Norman Leboon Sr” from Philadelphia gave $255 and $250 to Obama for America. The Democratic National Committee will donate $505 to charity if it was the same man that threatened Cantor. The DNC condemned the threats to Cantor and his family. "

Man Arrested for Making Threat Against Colorado Senator

A Colorado man has been arrested after police say he threatened to shoot Colorado Sen. Michael Bennet’s staff members. John Troy Davis, 44, now faces federal charges after making a series of phone calls to the Democrat’s Denver office over the past month.

According to the FBI, Davis called the senator’s office a number of times to complain about his Social Security benefits. But during a phone call last Thursday, Davis told one staffer that he was “a schizophrenic” who needed help.

“I’m just going to come down there and shoot you all,” Davis said, according to the criminal complaint. “To get your attention, I will go down there and set fire to the perimeter,” he reportedly said, adding that he “may go to terrorism.“ Davis also told the unnamed staff that he ”killed that woman,” thought it’s not clear at this point what woman he was talking about.

Davis was promptly arrested on Friday and was scheduled to appear in Denver federal court Monday afternoon. He is accused of violating federal law in making threats to assault, kidnap or murder a United States official.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/man-arr ... o-senator/

Charles Wilson arrested for making death threats to Sen. Patty Murray
April 7th, 2010

Washington DC, Apr 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Charles Alan Wilson has been arrested for making death threats to Sen. Patty Wilson. He was arrested when he was at his Washington home. According to court documents, he had telephoned the Senator many times, over the last few weeks and said that, ‘she had a target on her back’ and “I want to (expletive) kill you.” The threatening phone calls were made for more than 2 weeks. He had made these threats because he was not happy with Sen. Patty Murray’s decision to pass the health-care overhaul bill.

After his arrest, Charles also confided to the undercover FBI agents that he also had a concealed fireman with a permit too. He also said that he was ‘extremely angry’ with the health care legislation. In case he is convicted then he could be sentenced to behind bars for 10 years and a fine of $250,000 as well.

Just a few days ago, a Philadelphia man was also arrested in the Eric Cantor threat case. He was also charged with threatening to murder Eric Cantor and his family. The federal authorities revealed that Norman Leboon is facing two counts – which are threatening to kill a member of the Congress and also interfering with the federal duties of the member of the Congress. He is also facing a count of ‘posting the threat video online’. If Norman is convicted on both these charges, then he is bound to be behind bars for at least 15 years.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/pol ... 44655.html

Gee, these were just the first two that I found... There are others... Shall I go on? I'm sure you didn't actually think the McDermott threat was the only one? So, I see the one about Cantor... Shall we keep this going to keep score?

13 Jan 2011 18:59 #5 by navycpo7

LadyJazzer wrote:

CriticalBill wrote: You said "another", who was the other one?

Here's one:

Man Arrested for Making Threat Against Colorado Senator

A Colorado man has been arrested after police say he threatened to shoot Colorado Sen. Michael Bennet’s staff members. John Troy Davis, 44, now faces federal charges after making a series of phone calls to the Democrat’s Denver office over the past month.

According to the FBI, Davis called the senator’s office a number of times to complain about his Social Security benefits. But during a phone call last Thursday, Davis told one staffer that he was “a schizophrenic” who needed help.

“I’m just going to come down there and shoot you all,” Davis said, according to the criminal complaint. “To get your attention, I will go down there and set fire to the perimeter,” he reportedly said, adding that he “may go to terrorism.“ Davis also told the unnamed staff that he ”killed that woman,” thought it’s not clear at this point what woman he was talking about.

Davis was promptly arrested on Friday and was scheduled to appear in Denver federal court Monday afternoon. He is accused of violating federal law in making threats to assault, kidnap or murder a United States official.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/man-arr ... o-senator/

Charles Wilson arrested for making death threats to Sen. Patty Murray
April 7th, 2010

Washington DC, Apr 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Charles Alan Wilson has been arrested for making death threats to Sen. Patty Wilson. He was arrested when he was at his Washington home. According to court documents, he had telephoned the Senator many times, over the last few weeks and said that, ‘she had a target on her back’ and “I want to (expletive) kill you.” The threatening phone calls were made for more than 2 weeks. He had made these threats because he was not happy with Sen. Patty Murray’s decision to pass the health-care overhaul bill.

After his arrest, Charles also confided to the undercover FBI agents that he also had a concealed fireman with a permit too. He also said that he was ‘extremely angry’ with the health care legislation. In case he is convicted then he could be sentenced to behind bars for 10 years and a fine of $250,000 as well.

Just a few days ago, a Philadelphia man was also arrested in the Eric Cantor threat case. He was also charged with threatening to murder Eric Cantor and his family. The federal authorities revealed that Norman Leboon is facing two counts – which are threatening to kill a member of the Congress and also interfering with the federal duties of the member of the Congress. He is also facing a count of ‘posting the threat video online’. If Norman is convicted on both these charges, then he is bound to be behind bars for at least 15 years.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/pol ... 44655.html

Gee, these were just the first two that I found... There are others... Shall I go on? I'm sure you didn't actually think the McDermott threat was the only one? So, I see the one about Cantor... Shall we keep this going to keep score?

News sources stating they are this or that does not make it so, the same things happened with the AZ shooter. And there has been plenty done by the left also, over the years. The article I read with pictures, showed more than I even knew of. But I deal with that as those that did it do not represent the Democrats or the left, they are/were a small group that wanted attention. For some the very thing they were protesting against they were doing. Point is, I could go out, do something towards someone, say I am from whatever, the media blitz starts without really knowing.

13 Jan 2011 19:03 #6 by LadyJazzer
So, in other words, asking "Who were the others?" was a rhetorical question because you don't want to hear the answer... Got it. Next time I'll just tell you clowns to do your own #%@%@ research.

I didn't realize that the words "was arrested" was open to some sort of interpretation... They either WERE arrested or they weren't.

13 Jan 2011 19:23 #7 by Beeks
Can't we all just agree that anyone that's stupid enough to threaten a Senator or Representative is off their rocker, no matter what their political ideology is? Nah......

13 Jan 2011 19:31 #8 by navycpo7

Beeks wrote: Can't we all just agree that anyone that's stupid enough to threaten a Senator or Representative is off their rocker, no matter what their political ideology is? Nah......

No but I will agree that anyone stupid enough to threaten to kill anyone for any reason is off their rocker. no matter what their political ideology is?

13 Jan 2011 19:37 #9 by Local_Historian
Please tell me it's just the instant media that's bringing all these nutjobs to light, not that we are having to deal with more and more nutjobs. Lie if you need to.

13 Jan 2011 19:39 #10 by Beeks

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds