Another right-wing nutcase arrested threatening congressman

13 Jan 2011 19:52 #11 by Sundance
Here is something to quite all you kids. I cannot forward it to all of you. But, my good friend, co-worker who lives in Tucson AND has spoken with Congrsswoman Gifford in recent months, because she works for a newspaper in Tuscon, is appalled with ALL of what you are saying. The sheriff as she puts it is a jerk off aaaaaa! Watched the memorial last night. Maybe maybe he redeemed himself. Just saw the 2 PROFESSIONAL sheriffs responding to Dupniks statements on Fox News, Right ON! Having worked in law enforcement, what Dupnik has said is a travisty of justice! How dare he during this terrible tragedy!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jan 2011 20:52 #12 by Residenttroll returns
Looney Jerk celebrated the shoe thrower. Where was Looney Jerk's passion for threats against the government officials a few years back? Oh, that's right, she was hoping for something bad to happen.

13 Jan 2011 21:51 #13 by Beeks
Shoe thrower? What did I miss?

13 Jan 2011 22:12 #14 by archer

Beeks wrote: Shoe thrower? What did I miss?

What, you don't remember the attack on GW Bush by a man throwing a shoe? Apparently RT thinks that is equivelent to a nutcase shooting a congresswoman and killing a whole bunch of people including a judge and a 9 yr old girl. Tells you a lot about how the right wing mind works.

Ok RT....please point out the posts where LJ celebrated the shoe thrower, then please tell us how that equates to the tragedy in Tucson.

13 Jan 2011 22:49 #15 by lionshead2010
I have to say that the idea of the local libs allowing LJ to be the "poster child" to argue that extreme conservatives have a corner on the market of nut jobs is waaaaay too funny. I mean REALLY....LJ calling someone a nutjob? It's precious.

You guys continue to crack me up. Thanks for the comic relief. Like a cold beer, this sort of stuff takes the edge off of a rough day at work. And you go girl! :biggrin:

13 Jan 2011 23:11 #16 by Residenttroll returns
I had never heard the 9/11 assassination attempt on GWB. I wonder why? Here is some food for Looney Knee Jerk.

From Wiki:

February 7, 2001: While President George W. Bush was in the White House Residence, in Washington, DC, Robert Pickett, standing outside the perimeter fence, discharged a number of shots from a weapon towards the White House. The U.S. Park Police stated, according to CNN correspondent Eileen O'Connor, that the type of handgun that was confiscated was of a sophisticated type and had the shooter not been shooting from an obstructed angle view, the bullets would have reached the White House. Following a stand-off of about ten minutes, the incident ended when a Secret Service officer shot Pickett, resulting in an injury which required immediate hospital surgery. Pickett was found to have emotional problems and employment grievances. Pickett had previously written letters to the President about these grievances. A court in July 2001 sentenced Pickett to three years imprisonment in connection with the incident.

September 11, 2001: On the morning of 9/11, President George W. Bush and Laura were playing tennis with Pat and Sue at the Colony Beach and Tennis Resort on Longboat Key, Florida.[24] He woke up around 6:00 AM and prepared for his morning jog.[25][26] A van occupied by men of Middle Eastern descent arrived at the Colony Beach Resort and claimed they had a "poolside" interview with the President. They did not have an appointment and were turned away.[27] It is possible this was an assassination attempt modeled on the one used on anti-Taliban fighter and Northern Alliance military leader Ahmed Massoud two days earlier. The previous April, Massoud addressed the European Parliament and warned of the possibility of al-Qaeda attacking in the West.[28][29] Longboat Key Fire Marshal Carroll Mooneyhan was reported to have overheard the conversation between the men and the Secret Service, but he later denied the report. The newspaper that reported this, the Longboat Observer, stands by its story.[30] Both Mooneyhan and the Observer reporter were questioned by the Secret Service, but the agency has not commented further.[30] Witnesses have recalled seeing 9/11 hijacker ringleader Mohamed Atta in the Longboat Key Holiday Inn a short distance from where Bush was staying as recently as September 7, the day Bush’s Sarasota appearance was publicly announced.[30][31]

May 10, 2005: While President George W. Bush was giving a speech in the Freedom Square in Tbilisi, Georgia, Vladimir Arutyunian threw a live Soviet-made RGD-5 hand grenade towards the podium where Bush was standing and where Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili, the First Lady of the United States Laura Bush, the First Lady of Georgia Sandra Roelofs, and officials were seated. The grenade was live and had its pin pulled, but did not explode because a red tartan handkerchief wrapped tightly around the grenade kept the firing pin from deploying quickly enough.[32] Arutyunian was arrested in July 2005, and killed an Interior Ministry agent while resisting arrest. He was convicted in January 2006, and was given a life sentence.[33][34]

November 19, 2008: Asa Seeley was initially reported by multiple sources to have stated he was going to shoot President George W. Bush,[35] but this was later reported that he said that "he was going to Washington to shoot the people that shot him."[36] Seeley was arrested at West Baltimore train station carrying a rifle after having been refused transportation to Washington, D.C., by a taxi driver who saw that he was carrying a rifle. Seeley was charged with weapons offenses.[36]

14 Jan 2011 07:01 #17 by Beeks
Be willing to bet there's been lots of attempts that we've never heard of......

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds