Radical right party rolls into UK

18 Jan 2011 17:59 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Radical right party rolls into UK was created by CinnamonGirl

A radical right-leaning political party is gaining ground in the U.K. on an anti-immigration platform, following a trend seen in Austria, France, and In the recent Oldham by-election, the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) confirmed its status as the fourth largest party in British politics, ahead of the British National Party (BNP). Now, with the local elections looming, experts say UKIP looks set to become a successful radical right force.

http://www.futurity.org/society-culture ... s-into-uk/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2011 20:10 #2 by major bean
Maybe they will create a constitution upon which to base their government and then grant citizenship to the people instead of relegating them to being "subjects".

Regards,
Major Bean

19 Jan 2011 07:12 #3 by FredHayek
I thought the Liberal Democrats were the third largest party. And isn't the British National Party also right wing?
It is interesting to see the wave of anti-immigration sweeping Europe, even in countries like traditionally tolerant Sweden.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Jan 2011 08:25 #4 by Rick

SS109 wrote: It is interesting to see the wave of anti-immigration sweeping Europe, even in countries like traditionally tolerant Sweden.

It's because they are seeing the consequences of non-assimilation and being P.C. is a great way to watch your country go down the toilet. This seems kinda familiar but just can't put my finger on it...... :Whistle

“We can’t afford four more years of this”

Tim Walz

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds