The Hate Speech Inquisition

19 Jan 2011 08:38 #1 by outdoor338
There isn’t a shred of evidence that deranged Tucson massacre suspect Jared Loughner ever listened to talk radio or cared about illegal immigration. Indeed, after 300 exhaustive interviews, the feds “remain stumped” about his motives, according to Tuesday’s Washington Post. But that hasn’t stopped a coalition of power-grabbing politicians, progressive activists and open-borders lobbyists from plying their quack cure for the American body politic: government-sponsored speech suppression.

In the immediate aftermath of the shooting rampage, Democratic leaders mused openly about reintroducing the Orwellian “Fairness Doctrine” — a legislative sledgehammer targeting conservative viewpoints on public airwaves. New York Democratic Rep. Louise Slaughter assailed the Federal Communications Commission for failing to police broadcast content and vowed to “look into” more aggressive language monitoring. Massachusetts Democratic Rep. Ed Markey blamed “incendiary rhetoric” for triggering “unstable individuals to take violent action.” In his own manifesto calling for resurrection of the Fairness Doctrine, Democratic Rep. James Clyburn pressed public officials to “rethink parameters on free speech.”

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/2011/0 ... quisition/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jan 2011 10:09 #2 by Surveyor
Sad, but not surprising. Knee-jerk legislation is what needs to be regulated. I happen to agree with the incendiary rhetoric view, but not to the extent that it should be anything but a caution to the speakers of it that there are sometimes unintended negative consequences--in short, try to learn how to make it civil, at least in public.

Nobody should be talking about legislating our freedom of speech. Anyone who does should not be in office.

19 Jan 2011 10:26 #3 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic The Hate Speech Inquisition

a coalition of power-grabbing politicians, progressive activists and open-borders lobbyists from plying their quack cure for the American body politic: government-sponsored speech suppression.

An enema? Just kidding but I found this funny.

19 Jan 2011 11:14 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic The Hate Speech Inquisition

Nmysys wrote:

a coalition of power-grabbing politicians, progressive activists and open-borders lobbyists from plying their quack cure for the American body politic: government-sponsored speech suppression.

An enema? Just kidding but I found this funny.

LOL!!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Jan 2011 12:29 #5 by ckm8
Replied by ckm8 on topic The Hate Speech Inquisition
What a load of happy HS. You guys spend WAAAY to much time having your brains bent by right wing talk. Even the conservative Politico blog thinks so:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47669.html

19 Jan 2011 16:08 #6 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic The Hate Speech Inquisition
First of all, Politico is not a conbservative blog, just reading that article's tone should tell you that. Secondly, where is the evidence that the shooter had any right leaning motives?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Jan 2011 17:06 #7 by Blazer Bob
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=392992074436&id=b3826160da7ba4468a5a41dff1ad027f

19 Jan 2011 17:38 #8 by Nmysys

What a load of happy HS. You guys spend WAAAY to much time having your brains bent by right wing talk.

You get yours in just snippets from the Drive-by LEFT!!!
All the talking points of the day from the DNC direct to your ears.

Can't handle much more time than that can you?????

19 Jan 2011 17:41 #9 by Nmysys
Before you respond I thought I would post this picture.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds