left wing thugs

20 Jan 2011 22:26 #1 by Blazer Bob
left wing thugs was created by Blazer Bob
Crosshairs on Wal-Mart
http://biggovernment.com/laborunionrepo ... residence/
by LaborUnionReport

Last May, a frightened teenager was trapped inside his home when a mob of SEIU astro-turfing thugs (estimated at 500 strong) trespassed on his front lawn to protest to intimidate his father, the deputy general counsel of the Bank of America. While the protesters caught the family by surprise (allegedly aided and abetted by the police), unbeknownst to them, Fortune’s Nina Easton was a neighbor to the victim and exposed the injustice for what it was.

Now, though, another gang of astro-turfing thugs has targeted (yes, targeted) the private home of a real estate developer for the audacity of building a WalMart that will employ up to 1200 DC-area residents.

With unemployment in Washington, DC at 10.2%, it is hard to imagine anyone not wanting to see jobs added. That is, unless that someone is a union that doesn’t like the fact that WalMart operates its U.S. stores union-free.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2011 22:39 #2 by archer
Replied by archer on topic left wing thugs
but...but...but that can't be a crosshairs on their website, all the conservatives here swear that a crosshairs cannot have lines that extend beyond the circle. Not to mention the smiley face.....who ever saw a crosshairs with a smiley face in the middle?

It wasn't all that long ago that Evergreen tried whatever they could to keep Walmart out of their town....and they were hardly left wing thugs, mostly they were conservatives in business suits.

21 Jan 2011 06:03 #3 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic left wing thugs
archer, you may want to check out Bob beckels claim of inventing the crossheirs..heavens....he's a flaming liberal, who you lib's just love..but, but, but..prove your statement that the conservative businessmen didn't want walmart in evergreen..you better check out the wacky liberal environmentalists in evergreen who didn't want it!

Great post Neptune

21 Jan 2011 08:25 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic left wing thugs
There are right wing thugs too, abortion protestors who picket the homes of doctors.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Jan 2011 08:57 #5 by archer
It was a joint effort in Evergreen....the post was meant to be tongue in cheek, guess that went over your head.

SS109 is right. There are thugs for all causes these days.

21 Jan 2011 09:55 #6 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic left wing thugs
I have noticed the anti-Wal-Mart protesters tend to be a combination of unions and high income NIMBY's, many of the lower class people want the jobs and the lower prices, especially in depressed urban areas.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Jan 2011 21:07 #7 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic left wing thugs

archer wrote: but...but...but that can't be a crosshairs on their website, all the conservatives here swear that a crosshairs cannot have lines that extend beyond the circle. Not to mention the smiley face.....who ever saw a crosshairs with a smiley face in the middle?

It wasn't all that long ago that Evergreen tried whatever they could to keep Walmart out of their town....and they were hardly left wing thugs, mostly they were conservatives in business suits.

Archer from what I see, and some of those folks I talk to over there, I would not class them into the conservative side, or the right or left. To me, they are nothing short of becoming Boulder South. As I refuse to go to boulder because of their holier than thou attitude, Alot in EVG is getting that same way. Not all there but it seems to becoming the majority. (my opinion and does not reflect that of anyone)

21 Jan 2011 21:54 #8 by archer
There are several Evergreens....and it is interesting to watch the various factions reconcile with each other. We are on "the other side of the tracks" in Brook Forest, as far demographically as it is culturally from Evergreen North. I have lived in both, and I much prefer where I am now. But I still love the small town feel at downtown events like the Christmas Walk, and Roedo weekend. I don't see it at all like Boulder, there is a more "live and let live" attitude in Evergreen, except for a few vocal factions. It has certainly changed in the years I have lived there....but we do come together as a community for some things....like the protest of Walmart and the ugly bridge that Jeffco tried to foist on us unannounced.

21 Jan 2011 22:31 #9 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic left wing thugs
Anyone want to take a moment to condemn left wing thugs?

21 Jan 2011 22:35 #10 by Beeks
Replied by Beeks on topic left wing thugs
How about if we simply condemn thugs?

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds