left wing thugs

21 Jan 2011 22:40 #11 by archer
Replied by archer on topic left wing thugs

Beeks wrote: How about if we simply condemn thugs?

can't.....the right will never admit to having thugs, they think thug-dom is entirely left wing.

But yeah.....there are much better ways to protest than by intimidation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jan 2011 22:53 #12 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic left wing thugs

Beeks wrote: How about if we simply condemn thugs?

Works for me. I condemn thugs of all persuasions.

I guess the more interesting question is "who does not condemn all thugs" and why?

21 Jan 2011 23:21 #13 by Beeks
Replied by Beeks on topic left wing thugs
Don't think it's a matter of condemning or not, more likely that we'll never agree on who is and who isn't.

22 Jan 2011 09:31 #14 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic left wing thugs

neptunechimney wrote: Crosshairs on Wal-Mart
http://biggovernment.com/laborunionrepo ... residence/
by LaborUnionReport

Last May, a frightened teenager was trapped inside his home when a mob of SEIU astro-turfing thugs (estimated at 500 strong) trespassed on his front lawn to protest to intimidate his father, the deputy general counsel of the Bank of America. While the protesters caught the family by surprise (allegedly aided and abetted by the police), unbeknownst to them, Fortune’s Nina Easton was a neighbor to the victim and exposed the injustice for what it was.

Now, though, another gang of astro-turfing thugs has targeted (yes, targeted) the private home of a real estate developer for the audacity of building a WalMart that will employ up to 1200 DC-area residents.

With unemployment in Washington, DC at 10.2%, it is hard to imagine anyone not wanting to see jobs added. That is, unless that someone is a union that doesn’t like the fact that WalMart operates its U.S. stores union-free.

Yeah and one day were coming for people like you.. lol ...

BTW- Your tax dollars subsidize Walmarts labor costs because 98% of their full time employees qualify for food stamps. Can't the billionaires in the Walton family afford to pay thier own people? Why do we have to? Down with corporate walfare!

22 Jan 2011 10:01 #15 by Residenttroll returns

Vice Lord wrote:

by LaborUnionReport

Last May, a frightened teenager was trapped inside his home when a mob of SEIU astro-turfing thugs (estimated at 500 strong) trespassed on his front lawn to protest to intimidate his father, the deputy general counsel of the Bank of America. While the protesters caught the family by surprise (allegedly aided and abetted by the police), unbeknownst to them, Fortune’s Nina Easton was a neighbor to the victim and exposed the injustice for what it was.

Now, though, another gang of astro-turfing thugs has targeted (yes, targeted) the private home of a real estate developer for the audacity of building a WalMart that will employ up to 1200 DC-area residents.

With unemployment in Washington, DC at 10.2%, it is hard to imagine anyone not wanting to see jobs added. That is, unless that someone is a union that doesn’t like the fact that WalMart operates its U.S. stores union-free.

BTW- Your tax dollars subsidize Walmarts labor costs because 98% of their full time employees qualify for food stamps. Can't the billionaires in the Walton family afford to pay thier own people? Why do we have to? Down with corporate walfare!

What's wrong with that? I shop at Wal-Mart and pay taxes - thus, I am paying for their food either way. The nice thing is it's not double taxed (meaning, if Wal-Mart paid their employees more, the employees have to pay more taxes on the money earned and Wal-Mart prices would rise to cover the cost). This way, I am paying gross instead of net for their food costs.

22 Jan 2011 11:23 #16 by UNDER MODERATION

residenttroll wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

by LaborUnionReport

What's wrong with that? I shop at Wal-Mart and pay taxes - thus, I am paying for their food either way. The nice thing is it's not double taxed (meaning, if Wal-Mart paid their employees more, the employees have to pay more taxes on the money earned and Wal-Mart prices would rise to cover the cost). This way, I am paying gross instead of net for their food costs.

Yeah, and thats not a dik in your ass either...I can understand being ignorant and not knowing when your getting screwed, but it's an entirely different thing to beg for it..

Moron America in full bloom here at 285Bound.

22 Jan 2011 15:37 #17 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic left wing thugs

Beeks wrote: Don't think it's a matter of condemning or not, more likely that we'll never agree on who is and who isn't.

Beeks, you actually think reasonable people can not recognize thuggish behavior when they see it? I will not assume that you are saying that it is not thuggish behavior if it supports a partisan POV. For example, protesting Walmart, which is a favorite left wing target.

22 Jan 2011 16:05 #18 by UNDER MODERATION

neptunechimney wrote:

Beeks wrote: Don't think it's a matter of condemning or not, more likely that we'll never agree on who is and who isn't.

Beeks, you actually think reasonable people can not recognize thuggish behavior when they see it? I will not assume that you are saying that it is not thuggish behavior if it supports a partisan POV. For example, protesting Walmart, which is a favorite left wing target.

http://www.goodjobsfirst.org/sites/defa ... tstudy.pdf

23 Jan 2011 12:10 #19 by Beeks
Well, protesting isn't necessarily thuggery, though it could certainly rise to that. And, I'm sure that reasonable folks would certainly agree on certain types of behavior as thuggery regardless of their partisan POV. There are, however, behaviors that I would classify as thuggery that others would not, and things that some think are thuggery that I do not. I could point to many examples right here on 285Bound that I believe are, such as when a question from a poster is immediately answered with a slew of insults, or the immediate "you're a righty" or "you're a lefty", without any attempt to make a rational comment about the post. Those that are throwing down the insults probably would not consider themselves thugs, nor would those that share their POV, while others would.

23 Jan 2011 12:13 #20 by Beeks
I find the whole Wal-Mart thing to be interesting. Starbucks is much the same. In general, we encourage folks to step up and be successful in their business endeavors in this country. When they do what it takes, and become uber-successful, there are those that scorn them for their success, and vow to not patronize those businesses. Weird.....

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds