Chipotle fires hundreds, draws protest

21 Jan 2011 20:13 #11 by outdoor338
:yeahthat: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jan 2011 20:37 #12 by archer

CriticalBill wrote: WTF is congress doing these days about jobs? Seems like it would be a pretty easy bill to construct and maybe their approval would rise above 11%.

They're busy passing bills that they know will never pass the senate. just so they can look like they are keeping their promises, when they know full well they cannot. Repealing the healthcare legislation is ever so much easier than having to come up with something worthwhile that will actually put people back to work. Do they even have a plan to do that?

21 Jan 2011 21:18 #13 by navycpo7

archer wrote:

CriticalBill wrote: WTF is congress doing these days about jobs? Seems like it would be a pretty easy bill to construct and maybe their approval would rise above 11%.

They're busy passing bills that they know will never pass the senate. just so they can look like they are keeping their promises, when they know full well they cannot. Repealing the healthcare legislation is ever so much easier than having to come up with something worthwhile that will actually put people back to work. Do they even have a plan to do that?

Anyone that knows alittle about the present Congress should know that repeal of the health care bill is very not likely to happen. So I don't like it, but think it is here to stay. The best they can do, is maybe redesign, let it run it course in federal court system what will happen will happen. All of them up there need to put their efforts to getting jobs back up, lowering the debt, etc. Once the US Supreme Court gets the case on health care and makes a decision then they can do what needs to be done. I personally do not see anyone up there in Congress doing the job of getting this country into better shape.

22 Jan 2011 17:51 #14 by Rick
A quick and painless vote in the Senate would be fine with me. Then the people can decide who to elect for 6 more years depending on who voted for that mess to stay.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds