Scalia schools the Tea Party

25 Jan 2011 13:17 #11 by Jonathan Hemlock
Unfortunately, most of this inaccurate dialogue regarding Justice Scalia and the Tea Party, stems from the belief that the Tea Party is no more than some Special Interest Group or simply a passing fad. When in fact, the Tea Party consists of no more than, ordinary, every day Americans. Americans who truly wish for a return to the proper process of individual representation.

When anyone, including Justice Scalia meets with the "Tea Party", they meeting meeting with the American people.

Why do you all want to lump TP Members into an identifiable, recognizable, quantifiable, and predictable voting block? They are in fact, no more than you or me, having become organized; just ordinary citizens, who wish for government to fulfill its primary role of fair repesentation of the American Citizenry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2011 16:58 #12 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Scalia schools the Tea Party

Jonathan Hemlock wrote:
Why do you all want to lump TP Members into an identifiable, recognizable, quantifiable, and predictable voting block? They are in fact, no more than you or me, having become organized; just ordinary citizens, who wish for government to fulfill its primary role of fair repesentation of the American Citizenry.

Well Jonathan, there are certain people who need to vent their anger and there are certain words that set them off like Pavlov's dog. Always the same predictable response when they see certain words...Palin, Tea Party, conservative, Bush....

When you explain to them that people in the Tea party movement are ordinary citizens, that translates to them as rednecks, racists, bible thumpers, and generally more ignorant than themselves.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Jan 2011 17:20 #13 by Jonathan Hemlock
OK!

That does seem to sum it up well!

I seldom remember that my approach is often thought to be, naive.

If everyone would realize that there are those within this nation who want fair representation by our government and no more!

So many have demanded much more than what the gov't should provide and now many of them have become dependant upon that, which the gov't provides.

This was never intended but, what has unfortunately, evolved.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds