Rand Paul proposes $500 billion in federal budget cuts

26 Jan 2011 14:13 #1 by conifermtman
http://www.fox41.com/story/13911626/ran ... udget-cuts

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) -- U.S. Sen. Rand Paul wants to slash numerous federal programs, including food stamps for the poor, to save $500 billion in a single year.

A legislative proposal Paul introduced on Tuesday would slash $42 billion from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's food stamp program -- a 30 percent spending reduction. His proposal would eliminate numerous other programs, including the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the National Endowment for the Arts.

Paul said the proposal would roll back federal spending to 2008 levels and eliminate what he considers the most wasteful programs.

The libs are exploding as they read this lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2011 14:26 #2 by Martin Ent Inc
Most wasteful, like all of congress.

26 Jan 2011 14:28 #3 by conifermtman
I think Rand needs to find another 10+ % to cut because currently the US Govt needs to borrow 40 cents for every dollar we spend.

26 Jan 2011 14:31 #4 by outdoor338

26 Jan 2011 14:43 #5 by Nmysys
You guys aren't going to like my response to this one, but I truly don't like this particular idea of cutting Food Stamps and taking the ability to survive away from the truly needy. The real problem is that they have intentionally created the needy, remember Pelosi saying putting more people on Food Stamps will help the economy. There are huge bureaucracies that even POTUS mentioned like the overlapping agencies on Salmon story he told in the speech, that can be cut, eliminating them would cut a lot, shrinking the government in size and control over everything.

Do we really just want to starve out the Democrats?

Hmmmm maybe not a bad idea after all. Just Kidding LJ, Archer, Scruffy, CKM8, Pineinthegrass, etc.

26 Jan 2011 14:50 #6 by conifermtman
The truly needy survived in this country before these programs existed. If a illegals can find work that no one wanted, these people can take those jobs as well.

26 Jan 2011 14:57 #7 by Martin Ent Inc
The problem being is Why work when you can get it for free.
Th Gov, has enabled those people for so long they don't want those jobs.

26 Jan 2011 15:23 #8 by Nmysys
I don't really argue with anything you are saying. The truly needy are the only ones I concern myself. Those who can work should no matter what the job. I am not for welfare, entitlement programs, assistance of any kind for Illegals, etc., but I do feel some need to help those who cannot help themselves.

26 Jan 2011 16:26 #9 by conifermtman
Somehow illegals can make it over the border with almost zero cash and create a life for themselves. Yet people that we have provided for since the late 1960's can't. I'm sorry, but why should any hard working American be forced to reward laziness and incompetence?

26 Jan 2011 16:41 #10 by Martin Ent Inc
:yeahthat:

We have family down south, and they have neighbors that know how to exploit the system and have for 30+ years. They are no going to get a job no matter what. (they have stated this many x's)
They are the first in line for the hand outs and first in line to vote for their guy.
You should see the stuff they have aquired from the system.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds