ennis Kucinich sues cafeteria over olive pit in sandwich

26 Jan 2011 14:30 #1 by conifermtman
http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf ... cafet.html

Rep. Dennis Kucinich has sued a U.S. House of Representatives cafeteria for selling him a sandwich wrap that caused dental damage when he bit into an olive pit, according to a Jan. 3 lawsuit filed in Superior Court for the District of Columbia.
The Cleveland Democratic congressman's lawsuit seeks $150,000 in damages from companies that operate the Longworth House Office Building's cafeteria.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2011 15:59 #2 by navycpo7
he bought the sandwich around april 2008 and just now decides he will sue. The amount is 150000.00. Guess either is lawyer needs money or he does. This needs to be throw out and I hope the judge rips this idiot a new one.

26 Jan 2011 17:54 #3 by Rick
Well, being a good Democrat he has to do his part to keep lawyers in business. Don't these idiots have full dental insurance anyway? What a moron.

“We can’t afford four more years of this”

Tim Walz

27 Jan 2011 08:25 #4 by pineinthegrass
I noticed the name of his lawyer is Andrew Young. Could this be the same guy who was involved in the John Edwards scandal? Or maybe it's just a common name for lawyers.

Anyway, it's nobody's fault he got an olive pit in his sandwich, unless you can prove somebody put it there on purpose. Pits happen. Next time, hold the olives.

27 Jan 2011 09:15 #5 by The Viking
I have looked and can't find the stats but I am willing to bet that Liberals sue people far more than Conservatives do.

27 Jan 2011 14:25 #6 by Pony Soldier
$150,000? Doesn't he, as a Congressman, have access to government run healthcare? Did his dental work cost him that much with this healthcare?

27 Jan 2011 14:43 #7 by FredHayek
What a baby! Grow some and take care of it yourself. (I am sure his dental bills are paid by taxpayers.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Jan 2011 14:43 - 27 Jan 2011 22:46 #8 by FredHayek
Double tap. I am sure his dentist bills weren't over $150K. More tort reform?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Jan 2011 16:18 #9 by 2wlady
I wonder how much dental coverage they get. Us commoners get "assistance" for dental that doesn't cover much at all beyond normal cleaning and fillings.

If it had happened at a privately-owned restaurant, the restaurant's insurance would cover it. But $150K? What's this guy have? Gold teeth?

28 Jan 2011 17:49 #10 by Rick
So since he's suing the House, that means he's suing we the people...that's just super! I'd love the oportunity to kick the rest of his teeth down his throat. (Oh sorry, that's hateful rhetoric)

“We can’t afford four more years of this”

Tim Walz

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds