Gov. Jerry Brown Compares California to Egypt

01 Feb 2011 16:00 #1 by Nmysys
Never let a crisis go to waste!

Gov. Jerry Brown Compares California to Egypt in State of the State Address

By Alexandria Hein

Published February 01, 2011

| FoxNews.com

Newly elected Gov. Jerry Brown on Monday blasted opponents of his plan to reduce California's massive deficit by comparing their opposition to a referendum on proposed tax increases to oppression in Egypt and Tunisia.

"When democratic ideals and calls for the right to vote are stirring the imagination of young people in Egypt and Tunisia and other parts of the world, we in California can't say now is the time to block a vote of the people," the Democrat said in his first State of the State speech since being elected in November to a third term as California's chief executive.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/01/gov-jerry-brown-compares-calif-egypt-state-state-address/#ixzz1CkcQBa5s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2011 16:08 #2 by Grady
I sent this to many of my California friends, just amazing, but not surprising.

Here is a link to the LA Times story, for those who don't want to click the Fox News link

01 Feb 2011 21:19 #3 by HEARTLESS
I can't speak on Egypt but I have been to California. Its like a septic tank long overdue on being pumped out.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

01 Feb 2011 21:47 #4 by conifermtman
Jerry Brown is a moron. I had the displeasure of once hearing him speak while at UWM. He definitely earned the Moonbeam title.

01 Feb 2011 23:13 #5 by Mayhem
What about the wawa beetles that voted for him?

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds