December 21, 2012

14 Feb 2011 16:42 #1 by HEARTLESS
December 21, 2012 was created by HEARTLESS
I just finished watching a Hulu 5 episode series called "The Pyramid Code." If you haven't seen it, watch and enjoy on Hulu TV. I am curious as to what people believe will happen over the next couple years as we approach the topic date. Are we (everyone on earth) being influenced by a cyclic timetable, are we even the most advanced civilization or just the most helpless due to convenience and prosperity? Until recently I thought I was born a Gemini, but with the addition of a thirteenth sign am I actually a Taurus? The program speaks of much more advanced past civilizations where both science and spirituality were not thought to be polar opposites. All views are welcome as these concepts are new to me.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Feb 2011 17:26 #2 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic December 21, 2012
Got beer, fire and whiskey, Let's get-r-done.

14 Feb 2011 18:03 #3 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic December 21, 2012
HEARTLESS, I do believe that you need to re-adjust your tinfoil hat. It seems to be causing quite a bit of disconnect.

Regards,
Major Bean

14 Feb 2011 18:23 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
Oh there will be something, and maybe it will help to cleanse the earth of morons, which I haven't decided are born that way or develop over the years.

14 Feb 2011 20:18 #5 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic December 21, 2012
A calendar cycle ends - period.

A prophecy that there would be great changes in the world by 2012 - fulfilled. Industrial revolution,anyone?

Pretty much that's about it, but I predict you'll get death cults springing up in the next year, peopel freaking out like they did over Y2K. and not a damn significant thing will happen.

14 Feb 2011 20:42 #6 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic December 21, 2012
Heaven's Gate?

Regards,
Major Bean

15 Feb 2011 07:42 #7 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic December 21, 2012
Okay, I'll start with the most basic question. Why did the Egytians, Mayans, etc. build such elaborate cosmological sites that we'd have a tough time doing now with our technology? I don't think boredom and really good drugs and booze played into it.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

15 Feb 2011 07:46 #8 by Martin Ent Inc
Aliens, they are returning. Cleansing the earth from those Not Worthy.

Saw it on TLC, and Nat Geo.

15 Feb 2011 10:21 #9 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic December 21, 2012
Why did they? because they could. And they didn't have the interwebs to wait their time on.

15 Feb 2011 11:16 #10 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic December 21, 2012
It seems every culture and religion has an ending time story but so far they have all been wrong. I am going to go out on a limb and say my life and yours will end naturally before the end of the world as we know it.

Although if you were certain the world would end in December, 2012, how would you change your life? Stop having kids? Get religion? Get a degree? Quit your education? Become closer to family?

I don't think I would change much except I would come in late to work more often and skip more days.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds