They have alcohol monitoring bracelets??

09 Jun 2010 10:05 #1 by Wayne Harrison
I didn't know such a contraption existed. Do they have them in Colorado?

BEVERLY HILLS - Lindsay Lohan blew it again - and yet she still walks free.

The alcohol detection bracelet on her ankle sounded a silent alarm at an MTV Music Awards party Sunday night - and it was definitely "alcohol-related," a prosecution source said.

"The court finds that she was in violation of the conditions of bail. So her bail is forfeited," Judge Marsha Revel said at an emergency hearing.

Because Lohan is currently out on bail for misdemeanor charges - stemming from two DUI arrests in 2007 -- Revel's only option was to boost Lohan's current bail, not toss her in jail.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/ ... z0qN9ixRIF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jun 2010 10:07 #2 by pchistory

09 Jun 2010 10:46 #3 by FredHayek
They do have them in Colorado. One of my coworkers showed me hers.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Jun 2010 10:48 #4 by Wayne Harrison
Interesting. I guess they work by analyzing changes in your sweat or skin? I had no idea they existed.

09 Jun 2010 11:05 #5 by ScienceChic
http://www.dosenation.com/listing.php?id=2818

The ankle bracelet takes an air sample from the ankle at least every hour, collects that data and stores it until it can connect to a modem and go through a landline to a computer for viewing and analysis. It's taking the sweat, because 1 percent of what you drink comes out of your skin and attaches to sweat, so that's what we monitor. It's almost like a Breathalyzer on your ankle. It's a lot more sensitive than a Breathalyzer, but it's the same technology....

http://www.alcoholmonitoring.com/index/ ... nformation

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Jun 2010 11:31 #6 by Wayne Harrison
Thanks for the info!

09 Jun 2010 13:45 #7 by PrintSmith
Who wants to bet that they are already developing a monitoring device for marijuana and a dual content tester in anticipation of the legalization initiatives that are making their way onto the ballots?

09 Jun 2010 13:55 #8 by TPP
Friend of mine in San Diego, SM, made the papers, because he was the first to be sentanced with an ankle monitor. He'll go down in the San Diego history books, his kid will be so proud.

Besides I'm thinking that if you could put an ankle flask on and fill it with booze the cops will not mess with ya cause it will look like your already bused...

Think I got something, PM me with seed money.

09 Jun 2010 13:56 #9 by Wayne Harrison
I was just thinking how awkward that big thing on your ankle would be during lovemaking. That God it's not a motion detector. (My mind works in strange ways).

09 Jun 2010 14:05 #10 by TPP
You’re Correct, “It’s all fun and games until somebody loses an eye”

Maybe, I should just leave it at that….

O "(My mind works in strange ways)."

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds