Drill Baby Drill!!! 74 miles to the Pipeline

05 Mar 2011 10:48 - 05 Mar 2011 11:22 #21 by major bean
One of the amazing inventions of the past (1816) is the Stirling engine. This might be the engine which can replace the internal combustion engine for the commutor. Very small demonstration engines can run from the heat of the palm of a person's hand. And the very same engine can run from the cold of an ice cube. If scientists and engineers could throw a few billion dollars into its development and research it would be a very green engine using atmospheric elements (sunshine, cold fronts, etc.)

[youtube:aatxf65f]
[/youtube:aatxf65f]

Here is it using hot water and ice

[youtube:aatxf65f]
[/youtube:aatxf65f]

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Mar 2011 11:09 #22 by major bean
Here is a Stirling engine running on sunlight.

[youtube:5h8f05tq]
[/youtube:5h8f05tq]

Regards,
Major Bean

05 Mar 2011 11:18 #23 by major bean
For those who think that the Stirling engine is impracticable:

Designed and developed by SES, the SunCatcherâ„¢ CSP technology is a 25-kilowatt-electric (kWe) system generating clean solar energy. The SES SunCatcher achieved commercial deployment at the 1.5 MW Maricopa Solar Plant in Arizona in early 2010.

A couple of links: http://www.stirlingenergy.com/
and http://www.sesusa.org/stirlng2.htm

Regards,
Major Bean

05 Mar 2011 14:40 #24 by Pony Soldier

Soulshiner wrote: Did you ever think that maybe the strategy is to use up all of the rest of the world's supply so that the US will have the only oil in the end? I have.

Yes, but my tin foil hat is already too thick. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

05 Mar 2011 14:48 #25 by Nmysys
Who's strategy is this? Since there is enough oil besides in the USA, to last a few lifetimes, maybe they have also discovered the Fountain of Youth and are holding back that from us as well. Meanwhile we will be bankrupt and dead before we us up the oil that we have. Great plan, my genius friend.

05 Mar 2011 15:15 #26 by major bean
To address the subject of this thread, the pipeline should be built and the field should be drill and developed.

Regards,
Major Bean

05 Mar 2011 15:29 #27 by Rick

major bean wrote: To address the subject of this thread, the pipeline should be built and the field should be drill and developed.

But what if it displaces the spotted field mouse?!!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Mar 2011 15:48 #28 by Nmysys
Then the poor little mouse goes the way of the Edsel!

05 Mar 2011 16:12 #29 by major bean
A pipeline will not interrupt the migratory path of the spotted fieldmouse. Pipelines only take up a few feet this way and a few feet that way on their path 74 miles long. No big deal. Just make sure that it is not leaky, is engineered correctly, has necessary maintanence, and is hauled out whenever we a through with it.

Regards,
Major Bean

06 Mar 2011 06:50 #30 by navycpo7

archer wrote: Still curious where you got the figures that there are enough supplies in this country to last a lifetime

Depends on whose lifetime you are talking about :Whistle

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds