Drill Baby Drill!!! 74 miles to the Pipeline

04 Mar 2011 11:33 #1 by Nmysys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Mar 2011 11:45 #2 by kresspin
As long as we drive fuel-guzzling vehicles without regard to the oil supply.

04 Mar 2011 11:49 #3 by Martin Ent Inc
Not just that. We depend on oil for food, clothing, energy, the list is long.
Until we re-think what is important and what we can change that we use, then we are doomed.

04 Mar 2011 12:15 #4 by Nmysys

As long as we drive fuel-guzzling vehicles without regard to the oil supply.

There are enough supplies in this country to last lifetimes. The problem is the resistance by the treehuggers to drilling for it. This has been going on since 1973 and we have gotten basically nowhere with alternatives. Meanwhile we are supporting our enemies because we are dependent on them for what we have an abundance of.

To me, the solution is to do both things at the same time. Create alternatives while using our own oil. You can't change the lifestyles of hundreds of millions of people overnight, and you can't force free people to give up choosing what they wish to drive.

04 Mar 2011 12:24 #5 by archer

Nmysys wrote: There are enough supplies in this country to last lifetimes. The problem is the resistance by the treehuggers to drilling for it.

I would like a source for that, as my impression has always been that we do not have enough supplies no matter where or how much we drill......where would these vast supplies be?

04 Mar 2011 12:43 #6 by Nmysys
ANWR in Alaska, Colorado, Wyoming, etc. Offshore where we are letting other Nations drill but we can't.

04 Mar 2011 12:49 #7 by Photo-fish
I hug trees!!!! :peace: FlowerHippy:

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

04 Mar 2011 12:57 #8 by jf1acai
I agree that we should be developing domestic supplies AND alternatives. It should not be an either/or situation.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

04 Mar 2011 13:09 #9 by Pony Soldier
There should be ecologically safe ways to go after our own reserves while we push for greater development of renewables. We are shooting ourselves in the foot.

04 Mar 2011 13:13 #10 by archer
Still curious where you got the figures that there are enough supplies in this country to last a lifetime

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds