First "sharia-compliant" radio station in America

08 Mar 2011 13:17 #1 by outdoor338
A group which opposes the spread of radical Islam says WMAL in Washington, DC, has caved to the demands of an Islamic supremacist organization, making it the first "sharia-compliant" radio station in America.

Former Congressman Fred Grandy (R-Iowa) told Accuracy in Media that he was recently forced to walk away from his popular morning drive-time talk show after WMAL's management insisted that he avoid discussions about radical Islam. The station management also banned Grandy's wife Catherine (known on the air as the outspoken "Mrs. Fred") from appearing on any future broadcasts.

The station denies those charges, saying Grandy resigned of his own accord and adding that it was not contacted by any organization seeking to restrict Grandy's broadcasts.

But James Lafferty, chairman of the Virginia Anti-Sharia Task Force, claims he heard from "two very good sources" that the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) played a part in Grandy's leaving. He contends the station caved to browbeating from that pro-Muslim group.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Defau ... id=1307572

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Mar 2011 13:29 #2 by Pony Soldier

The station denies those charges, saying Grandy resigned of his own accord and adding that it was not contacted by any organization seeking to restrict Grandy's broadcasts.

But James Lafferty, chairman of the Virginia Anti-Sharia Task Force, claims he heard from "two very good sources" that the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) played a part in Grandy's leaving.

Oh brother. Do you even read this stuff before you post it?

08 Mar 2011 13:37 #3 by outdoor338
TM, sure do...why don't you try...then we can talk..or is this to hard for you to follow?

08 Mar 2011 14:50 #4 by Pony Soldier
The whole premise of this article is based on James Lafferty, who happens to be chairman of something called the "Virginia Anti-Sharia Task Force", claiming to hear something from "two very good sources" that CAIR caused this firing. The whole premise is denied by the radio station. Somehow, I trust their take on this as slightly less biased. Stupid article - you can't just make a wild insinuation without real sources and expect to be taken seriously.

08 Mar 2011 15:08 #5 by outdoor338
stupid article...now your funny...keep your head buried in the sand...cancer starts with one cell, so does terrorism, and its growing TM, do you think we are safer today then we were 10 years ago with terrorists in the US?

08 Mar 2011 15:13 #6 by Pony Soldier
What does that have to do with this article?

08 Mar 2011 15:19 #7 by AspenValley
Not even the guy who got fired/left the show claims it was because of terrorists.

08 Mar 2011 15:22 #8 by kresspin
Outdoor should learn to spell common, everyday workds...

"Or is this to hard for you..."

"Now your funny..."

08 Mar 2011 15:33 #9 by Nmysys
Outdoor:

You really should listen to her. After all the Elite Liberals on here know everything and they should, because they are products of the Liberal Academia. You understand. Indoctrination!!

08 Mar 2011 15:38 #10 by AspenValley

Nmysys wrote: Outdoor:

You really should listen to her. After all the Elite Liberals on here know everything and they should, because they are products of the Liberal Academia. You understand. Indoctrination!!

I don't think you were referring to me but I'm laughing anyway because the Jesuit and Benedictine schools I attended in both high school and college would be REALLY surprised to hear themselves described as "Liberal Academia". And I've certainly been often enough dismissed as a "liberal' here and on other local sites, no matter how many times I've explained that "liberal" doesn't describe my politics. I know that all it takes is to disagree with one of you self-proclaimed conservatives on any point at all.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds