First "sharia-compliant" radio station in America

08 Mar 2011 15:40 #11 by outdoor338
kresspin, you are funny...I admit, I hit several keys with big fingers...that's ok, I don't mind being corrected..if it makes you feel better, then have at it! :wave:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Mar 2011 15:42 #12 by outdoor338
so, what is a liberal AV? Just wondering what your viewpoint is...

08 Mar 2011 15:47 #13 by major bean

outdoor338 wrote: kresspin, you are funny...I admit, I hit several keys with big fingers...that's ok, I don't mind being corrected..if it makes you feel better, then have at it! :wave:

Just washed my fingers and can't do a thing with them.

Regards,
Major Bean

08 Mar 2011 16:18 #14 by AspenValley

outdoor338 wrote: so, what is a liberal AV? Just wondering what your viewpoint is...

I think you'd do better to ask someone who self-describes as a liberal.

Certainly a liberal would be much more liberal on such issues as abortion than I am, but I also oppose the death penalty. I'm fairly fiscally conservative but I'm not a "destroy the entire government except the Department of Defense" libertarian. I favor policies that support small business and provide reasonable security for workers, not those that have allowed huge corporations and banks to take over the media, elections and legislative decision-making. I was a registered Republican until Ronald Reagan's second term. I couldn't stomach his magical thinking regarding economics and didn't admire his military ambitions, either. I voted for Bush 1, but while holding my nose. I don't like the Bush family. I voted for Clinton in his first term, but not the second because of his love affair. Not with Monica Lewinsky but with that rascal Alan Greenspan. I didn't vote again until Obama, just couldn't stomach any of the candidates of either party. Bush II I frankly despised. I think history is going to see him as the worst President we have ever had. I voted for Obama because I thought it might break the path of neoconservative destruction we have been on for too long, but as it turns out as far as I am concerned he is just more of the same. I won't vote for him again, and he may end up in the running for second worst President we've ever had.

In short, I don't think my politics are represented in this country and feel that partisan politics has become a poisonous tool used by the corporations that have taken over our country. I think we are headed down a black hole, but not because of this political party or that but by the extremely wealthy global elite who have gotten a stranglehold on what used to be America. They just love it when we sit around demonizing each other as "liberals" or "conservatives".

08 Mar 2011 16:36 #15 by Pony Soldier
Here here!!! I'm not alone!

08 Mar 2011 19:09 #16 by kresspin
Make that three of us... I'm tired of radicals on both sides. We're all Americans.

Vilifying and badmouthing the sitting President -- any President -- in a time of war would have been considered treasonous not so long ago. Now those who do it call themselves "patriots" as they talk about what an "idiot" the President of the United States is. They accuse him of somehow hoodwinking the American government and electoral process by somehow getting elected as a non-citizen. Thereby, they undermine the government -- implying our government and electoral process is so inept that someone who is not a citizen can get elected to the most powerful position on Earth without the government even noticing. They are giving comfort to the enemy by dividing the United States with their rhetoric. But they call themselves patriots.

And here the two sides sit at an impasse on the budget while jockeying for the best soundbite. They have sold out to corporate interests and lobbyists.

08 Mar 2011 21:36 #17 by navycpo7

kresspin wrote: Make that three of us... I'm tired of radicals on both sides. We're all Americans.

Vilifying and badmouthing the sitting President -- any President -- in a time of war would have been considered treasonous not so long ago. Now those who do it call themselves "patriots" as they talk about what an "idiot" the President of the United States is. They accuse him of somehow hoodwinking the American government and electoral process by somehow getting elected as a non-citizen. Thereby, they undermine the government -- implying our government and electoral process is so inept that someone who is not a citizen can get elected to the most powerful position on Earth without the government even noticing. They are giving comfort to the enemy by dividing the United States with their rhetoric. But they call themselves patriots.

And here the two sides sit at an impasse on the budget while jockeying for the best soundbite. They have sold out to corporate interests and lobbyists.

Your first statment says it all, enough said.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds