An American Muslim's View of the Hearings

10 Mar 2011 09:31 #11 by Blazer Bob

AspenValley wrote: there hasn't been an attack on American soil in years. Wonder why?

It depends on your definition of an attack.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2011 09:37 #12 by AspenValley

neptunechimney wrote:

AspenValley wrote: there hasn't been an attack on American soil in years. Wonder why?

You can quibble if you want as to what constitutes an "attack", but from where I'm sitting, there has been no increase in terrorist activity in any way commensurate with the increase in talk about terrorism.

10 Mar 2011 09:40 #13 by Nmysys
Maybe it has something to do with what the current administration will use as the definition of Terrorism?

It seems to me that there have been plenty of attempts. Remember one thing. They only have to succeed one time.

10 Mar 2011 09:44 #14 by outdoor338
The way I look at it, since 911, there have been how many attempts on killing Americans in the US? Prior to 911 not so much...if the attempts had been successful the last few years, how many would have been killed. I think we have been spared from some the terrorists that didn't know how use the explosives, and the police did a good job catching a few of them. I think terrorism is on the rise in the US, its only a matter of time before they score on a big one.

10 Mar 2011 09:46 #15 by outdoor338

AspenValley wrote:

neptunechimney wrote:

You can quibble if you want as to what constitutes an "attack", but from where I'm sitting, there has been no increase in terrorist activity in any way commensurate with the increase in talk about terrorism.

How would you know this? I think plenty is happening, we just don't know very much about it...(yet).

10 Mar 2011 09:50 #16 by AspenValley

outdoor338 wrote:

AspenValley wrote:

neptunechimney wrote:

How would you know this? I think plenty is happening, we just don't know very much about it...(yet).

I guess my point is, if we don't know about it, what is the impetus for all the discussion of it? Are we getting more paranoid in spite of the fact that we are not hearing much about actual terrorist acts? Or is something else driving the sudden increase in conversations about terrorism, radical Islam, all of that?

10 Mar 2011 09:54 #17 by Nmysys
MORE MUSLIMS SPEAK ABOUT THE ISSUE!!

House of Representatives
Witnesses at King Hearing Say America 'Failing' to Confront Radical Islam

Published March 10, 2011

| FoxNews.com

Witnesses at a high-profile congressional hearing on Islamic radicalization said Thursday that America is "failing" to confront the threat posed by homegrown extremism, as lawmakers traded accusations over whether the inquiry unfairly singled out Muslims.

Zuhdi Jasser, president of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, said "paralysis" over the issue has seized the nation's leaders and he urged the Muslim community to confront what he called an "exponential increase" in the number of Muslim radicals in the United States.

"The U.S. has a significant problem with Muslim radicalization," said Jasser, who is Muslim. "It is a problem that we can only solve."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/10/king-draws-firing-radicalization-hearings-majority-supports-discussion/#ixzz1GDTjo1Af

10 Mar 2011 11:08 #18 by kresspin
When someone says they don't think terrorism is increasing they may be talking about the entire world and not just the U.S. I know those with a myopic view think only of the U.S. but there are other countries that have suffered more frequent and extended terrorist attacks than the U.S.

10 Mar 2011 11:10 #19 by AspenValley

kresspin wrote: When someone says they don't think terrorism is increasing they may be talking about the entire world and not just the U.S. I know those with a myopic view think only of the U.S. but there are other countries that have suffered more frequent and extended terrorist attacks than the U.S.

Maybe, but I've yet to see evidence that terrorism is increasing worldwide. Even if it is, the "talk" is here in the U.S. and it isn't about world terrorism, it's about fear of terrorism HERE.

10 Mar 2011 11:26 #20 by kresspin
And when you look at the World map, the U.S. has gone pretty unscathed, 9/11 notwithstanding:

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/terrori ... rism1.html

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds