XM25

10 Mar 2011 12:28 #1 by Mayhem
XM25 was created by Mayhem
Another useful thing a lib never invented
[youtube:28kg8art]
[/youtube:28kg8art]

No hiding place from new U.S. Army rifles that use radio-controlled smart bullets

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

The XM25 Counter Defilade Target Engagement System has a range of roughly 2,300 feet - and is to be deployed in Afghanistan this month
The rifle's gunsight uses a laser rangefinder to determine the exact distance to the obstruction, after which the soldier can add or subtract up to 3 metres from that distance to enable the bullets to clear the barrier and explode above or beside the target.
Soldiers will be able to use them to target snipers hidden in trenches rather than calling in air strikes.
The 25-millimetre round contains a chip that receives a radio signal from the gunsight as to the precise distance to the target.
Lt. Col. Christopher Lehner, project manager for the system, described the weapon as a 'game-changer' that other nations will try and copy.
He expects the Army to buy 12,500 of the XM25 rifles this year, enough for every member of the infantry and special forces.
Lehner told FoxNews: 'With this weapon system,
we take away cover from [enemy targets] forever.
'Tactics are going to have to be rewritten.
The only thing we can see [enemies] being able to do is run away.'

Experts say the rifle means that enemy troops will no longer
be safe if they take cover
The XM25 appears perfect weapon for street-to-street fighting that troops in Afghanistan have to engage in, with enemy fighters hiding behind walls and only breaking cover to fire ocasionally.
The weapon's laser finder would work out how far away the enemy was and then the U.S. soldier would add one metre using a button near the trigger.
When fired, the explosive round would carry exactly one metre past the wall and explode with the force of a hand grenade above the Taliban fighter.
The army's project manager for new weapons, Douglas Tamilio, said:
''This is the first leap-ahead technology for troops that we've been
able to develop and deploy.'
A patent granted to the bullet's maker, Alliant Techsystems,
reveals that the chip can calculate how far it has travelled.
Mr Tamilio said: 'You could shoot a Javelin missile, and it would cost £43,000. These rounds will end up costing £15.50 apiece.
They're relatively cheap.Lehner added:
'This is a game-changer.
The enemy has learned to get cover, for hundreds if not thousands of years.
'Well, they can't do that anymore.
We're taking that cover from them and there's only two outcomes:
We're going to get you behind that cover or force you to flee.'
The rifle will initially use high-explosive rounds, but its makers say that it might later use versions with smaller explosive charges that aim to stun rather than kill..

One of the revolutionary bullets which can be pre-programmed to explode to hit troops that are hiding

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... istan.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2011 13:32 #2 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic XM25
Saw this about 2 years ago.

10 Mar 2011 13:37 #3 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic XM25
Me too. Just wondering why BB chose to make the Political remark.

BB:

Is everything truly broken down to you as Left or Right? Just saying!!

10 Mar 2011 15:59 #4 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic XM25

Nmysys wrote: Me too. Just wondering why BB chose to make the Political remark.

BB:

Is everything truly broken down to you as Left or Right? Just saying!!

Because you should always remind the inferior exactly who it is that makes sure the rest of us are safe from the consequences of their stupidity and naive utopian delusions.

And things are broken down as right and wrong. Objective trumps subjective. These idiots would have you believe that there is something between wet and dry or motion and stillness, life and death. The fact there are absolutes shatters their world view.

10 Mar 2011 17:30 #5 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic XM25
:goodpost:

10 Mar 2011 17:40 #6 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic XM25

Baileyboy wrote: . These idiots would have you believe that there is something between wet and dry or motion and stillness, life and death. The fact there are absolutes shatters their world view.

Not that I've observed. But I've certainly seen a great deal of "shattering" going on when a black/white worldview person is confronted with the fact that you can't fit the entire world into such a simplistic paradigm.

By the way, even the examples you give are not absolutes in the everyday world, with the possible exception of the first one, although I'm betting that someone who knew more physics than I do could argue it.

As to motion/stillness? There is ALWAYS some motion at the atomic level until you approach and reach absolute zero, which is not obtainable under ordinary circumstances. And then even if you can obtain absolute zero, SURPRISE! Suddenly a whole quantum world of motion appears as if by magic.

As for life and death? I have a brother who is a doctor and he bemoans the fact all the time that there very often is no clear boundary between the two, it is little more than a judgement call, at least until death is so far advanced that actual decay has progressed. In other words, you can only be sure of death AFTER the fact.

Hope this doesn't shatter your worldview. :Whistle

10 Mar 2011 20:48 #7 by Mayhem

AspenValley wrote:

Baileyboy wrote: . These idiots would have you believe that there is something between wet and dry or motion and stillness, life and death. The fact there are absolutes shatters their world view.

Not that I've observed. But I've certainly seen a great deal of "shattering" going on when a black/white worldview person is confronted with the fact that you can't fit the entire world into such a simplistic paradigm.

By the way, even the examples you give are not absolutes in the everyday world, with the possible exception of the first one, although I'm betting that someone who knew more physics than I do could argue it.

As to motion/stillness? There is ALWAYS some motion at the atomic level until you approach and reach absolute zero, which is not obtainable under ordinary circumstances. And then even if you can obtain absolute zero, SURPRISE! Suddenly a whole quantum world of motion appears as if by magic.

As for life and death? I have a brother who is a doctor and he bemoans the fact all the time that there very often is no clear boundary between the two, it is little more than a judgement call, at least until death is so far advanced that actual decay has progressed. In other words, you can only be sure of death AFTER the fact.

Hope this doesn't shatter your worldview. :Whistle

Until death life still exists. It may involve not perambulation but it remains life. It isn't mid life or par death.
Once you destroy an atom it ceases to move. Till that point it is in motion.

10 Mar 2011 23:03 #8 by MsMAM
Replied by MsMAM on topic XM25
I invented jet aircraft engine material for fighter planes. And I am as liberal they get.

What did YOU invent, boy?

:lol:

11 Mar 2011 06:46 #9 by Mayhem

MsMAM wrote: I invented jet aircraft engine material for fighter planes. And I am as liberal they get.

If you want to claim it, prove it, biatch.

11 Mar 2011 11:18 #10 by MsMAM
Replied by MsMAM on topic XM25

Baileyboy wrote:

MsMAM wrote: I invented jet aircraft engine material for fighter planes. And I am as liberal they get.

If you want to claim it, prove it, biatch.

Sure - No problem:

Controlled Thermal Expansion SuperAlloy Patent Number 5,439,640

High Strength Low Thermal Expansion Super Alloy Patent Number 5,688,471

Controlled thermal expansion superalloy Patent Number 5,478,417

Right back at you, but this make you my biatch. rofllol

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds