Did Obama write "Dreams From My Father"

10 Mar 2011 22:17 #31 by Local_Historian
Ghostwriters - just a LOT. They are called ghostwriters because they get paid well, but don't get credit.

A large percentage of the books 'written" by popular figures - actors, politicians - most definitely are not written by them, but a good ghostwriter will thoroughly interview the subject, and attempt as much as possible to write it in that person's "voice". It's nothing new. It's still Obama's story, just not a true autobio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2011 08:21 #32 by FredHayek
I am betting Obama had ghostwriters but I don't know if Ayers was one of them. Supposedly Bill's own books are a trial to read, typical professor bs.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Mar 2011 18:13 #33 by Rick

AspenValley wrote:

major bean wrote: He claimed that he wrote it and his complete political career was based upon his intellectual ability to have produced the book. Obama might be a liar and fraud.

They all claim they wrote these books, that's how ghostwriting works. And is there really any difference between "liar and fraud" and the term "politician" these days?

I could care less if he wrote it or not, but the FACT is that he did his best to distance himself from Bill Ayers THE TERRORIST during the election and acted like they barely knew each other. It's just extremely hard for me to get past all his sketchy "acquaintances" and the list is very long.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Mar 2011 19:20 #34 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, I guess the fact that Obama was only 8 years old when Ayers was doing his stuff in the 60's is pretty hard to forgive...

:Snooze

11 Mar 2011 20:05 #35 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: Yeah, I guess the fact that Obama was only 8 years old when Ayers was doing his stuff in the 60's is pretty hard to forgive...

rofllol That deflection is so old it has hair between it's toes.

11 Mar 2011 20:23 #36 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, facts are pesky things... No matter how old they are, they're still true.

11 Mar 2011 20:33 #37 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: Yeah, facts are pesky things... No matter how old they are, they're still true.

I do not think anyone doubts that fact but it only deflects from his patten of past associations. However, as far as I am concerned it stopped mattering the day he was elected.

Now he has a track record.

11 Mar 2011 20:39 #38 by major bean

kresspin wrote:

major bean wrote: It is a book review of "Deconstructing Obama" by Jack Cashill.
So you are posting to this thread without knowing what you are talking about.
You must have tried pretty hard to not know the subject of this thread.

My apologies. I confused the title of the thread with the subject of the thread. I didn't realize they were two distinctly separate things when you post your pseudo-intellectual supercilious thoughts.

In your confusion you missed the matter of the book "Deconstructing Obama" which was a dissection of Obama's "Dreams From My Father" to see if internal evidence would suggest who actually wrote DFMF.

But that does not matter to you. No, you post comments to the thread anyway. Nice going.

And LJ just posts smart ass remarks without reference to anything but her undying devotion to Obama. Talk about a closed mind!

Regards,
Major Bean

11 Mar 2011 21:37 #39 by Rick

LadyJazzer wrote: Yeah, I guess the fact that Obama was only 8 years old when Ayers was doing his stuff in the 60's is pretty hard to forgive...

Oh I see, since Bill Ayers is no longer doing his "stuff" (are you kidding me?) he's just a fine up standing citizen huh. :lol: That guy is lucky he didn't blow someone up and still rotting in jail. Time does nothing to exonerate him....and don't tell me Obama was unaware of his past unless you want to admit that he's clueless.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Mar 2011 21:58 #40 by kresspin

major bean wrote:

kresspin wrote:

major bean wrote: It is a book review of "Deconstructing Obama" by Jack Cashill.
So you are posting to this thread without knowing what you are talking about.
You must have tried pretty hard to not know the subject of this thread.

My apologies. I confused the title of the thread with the subject of the thread. I didn't realize they were two distinctly separate things when you post your pseudo-intellectual supercilious thoughts.

In your confusion you missed the matter of the book "Deconstructing Obama" which was a dissection of Obama's "Dreams From My Father" to see if internal evidence would suggest who actually wrote DFMF.

But that does not matter to you. No, you post comments to the thread anyway. Nice going.

And LJ just posts smart ass remarks without reference to anything but her undying devotion to Obama. Talk about a closed mind!

I didn't write that. My ghostwriter did.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds