Did Obama write "Dreams From My Father"

10 Mar 2011 16:34 - 10 Mar 2011 16:42 #1 by major bean
Obama most probably did not write "Dreams From My Father" but he gave no credit to possible ghost writer Bill Ayers.
The following short quote is from a more lengthy review of the book "Deconstructing Obama" by Jack Cashill.

Three Cheers for Jack Cashill
by Herbert E. Meyer

Obama has been our president for more than two years, and hardly a day goes by without him blathering on about some issue. Jokes about his dependence on the teleprompter are a staple of the late-night television comics. The president's inaugural address -- which he surely didn't dash off casually, because he must have understood that this is the speech that one day will be carved into the marble wall of his monument -- contains not one memorable phrase or sentence. So how did he write the kinds of poetic, elegiac passages that make Dreams from My Father a literary near-masterpiece?

As Cashill shows, he didn't. And he demonstrates, with as much precision as you can get short of a DNA sample, that Dreams was actually written by Obama's Hyde Park colleague, friend and neighbor, the terrorist Bill Ayers. (There's even more evidence of Ayers' authorship in Cashill's book than in the articles about this he's written for American Thinker.) Oh, and Cashill reports two specific instances in which Ayers acknowledges his authorship of Dreams. That's interesting, to say the least.

The link: http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/03/three_cheers_for_jack_cashill.html

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2011 16:39 #2 by Nmysys
Well, no one would have bought it if it said the author was Bill Ayers!! Or would they?

We do know a bunch of Libs on here that would have rushed out and bought it.

10 Mar 2011 16:42 #3 by AspenValley
Do any of these political figures write their own books? I doubt it. I wouldn't buy or read any of them anyway, might as well spend your time watching infomercials.

10 Mar 2011 16:43 #4 by major bean
He claimed that he wrote it and his complete political career was based upon his intellectual ability to have produced the book. Obama might be a liar and fraud.

Regards,
Major Bean

10 Mar 2011 16:44 #5 by HEARTLESS
Might be? rofllol

The silent majority will be silent no more.

10 Mar 2011 16:47 #6 by AspenValley

major bean wrote: He claimed that he wrote it and his complete political career was based upon his intellectual ability to have produced the book. Obama might be a liar and fraud.

They all claim they wrote these books, that's how ghostwriting works. And is there really any difference between "liar and fraud" and the term "politician" these days?

10 Mar 2011 16:49 #7 by Blazer Bob

major bean wrote: Obama might be a liar and fraud.

He is a politician.

Reminds me of "Suppose you were an idiot. Suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Suppose you were an idiot. Suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain "

10 Mar 2011 16:57 #8 by Nmysys

Might be? rofllol

rofllol :lol:

10 Mar 2011 17:00 #9 by major bean

AspenValley wrote:

major bean wrote: He claimed that he wrote it and his complete political career was based upon his intellectual ability to have produced the book. Obama might be a liar and fraud.

They all claim they wrote these books, that's how ghostwriting works. And is there really any difference between "liar and fraud" and the term "politician" these days?

Most usually a person does not take credit for writing what was done by a ghost writer to the extent that Obama has done. In fact, he still claims authorship for the book. His whole career is based upon his ability to have written this book.

Regards,
Major Bean

10 Mar 2011 17:02 #10 by major bean

neptunechimney wrote:

major bean wrote: Obama might be a liar and fraud.

He is a politician.

Reminds me of "Suppose you were an idiot. Suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Suppose you were an idiot. Suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain "

Have we become so jaded that we will excuse our politicians for being liars and frauds as if it is acceptable?

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds