Bachmann rewrites Revolutionary History...

14 Mar 2011 13:48 #21 by Rick

Local_Historian wrote: here's my opinion, regardless of political party - every damn candidate should have to take a comprehensive U.S. History test - and pass it over 80%.

They should have to take a geography test - worldwide - and pass it over 90%.

They should have to take a current world events test - and pass it with 90%.

Of course, this will vastly limit the political field. But we'd be better off for it.

Maybe we should be able to look at their school records, see what classes they took and what kind of grades they got.... oh wait, unless the candidates (or presidents) lawyer up and keep those records secret.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Mar 2011 13:54 #22 by LadyJazzer
Somehow I don't think looking at Bachmann's records are going to make her any smarter... She's still a doofus.

14 Mar 2011 13:59 #23 by FredHayek

CriticalBill wrote:

Local_Historian wrote: here's my opinion, regardless of political party - every damn candidate should have to take a comprehensive U.S. History test - and pass it over 80%.

They should have to take a geography test - worldwide - and pass it over 90%.

They should have to take a current world events test - and pass it with 90%.

Of course, this will vastly limit the political field. But we'd be better off for it.

Maybe we should be able to look at their school records, see what classes they took and what kind of grades they got.... oh wait, unless the candidates (or presidents) lawyer up and keep those records secret.

:lol: Outstanding!

Maybe we should have the candidates play Jeopardy for a week with many political, historical and geographic questions. But we would have to allow for different answers based on ideaology, Romney would say Columbus discovered the New World in 1492. Howard Zinn taught Obama would say Columbus contaminated and subjugated the New World in 1492.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Mar 2011 14:15 #24 by LadyJazzer
Bachmann: "I'll take 'SHOTS HEARD 'ROUND THE WORLD--in New Hampshire' for $200, Alex...."

Palin: "I'll take 'OUR NORTH KOREAN ALLIES' for $400, Alex..."

Huckabee: "I'll take 'OBAMA'S KENYAN HISTORY and the MAU-MAU's' for $100, Alex..."

Gingrich: "I'll take 'SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE and INFIDELITY' for $400, Alex... "

Yeah, I can see I'm going to like this game.... :lol: Outstanding!!!

14 Mar 2011 15:26 #25 by PrintSmith
Biden: I'll take 'FDR's Televised Fireside Chats' for $200 Alex....

You're right LJ - this could be great comic relief!!

14 Mar 2011 17:37 #26 by Local_Historian
OK, now I'm scared - lol

14 Mar 2011 17:47 #27 by outdoor338
I would like to see a spelling bee with all those who are running for office, I would be out in the first round!

Obama: I believe there is 57 states Alex, I will go with that answer!

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds