Homeland Hysteria

14 Mar 2011 10:13 #1 by bailey bud
Homeland Hysteria was created by bailey bud
Muslims aren't the only population that makes America hysterical.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-na ... assengers/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Mar 2011 10:27 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Homeland Hysteria
Well I guess when Mexican nationals start committing terrorist acts all over the world on a daily basis, we can start looking at them a little more closely. Until then, your assumption that they make Americans hysterical is a little ridiculous unless you are talking about illegals breaching our borders. I guess you could label the flight attendants as "hysterical" if you want, but they by no means represent the majority of Americans. (unless you have some sort of source other than your opinion.)

I can also imagine that since 9/11, flight attendants have good reason to be vigilant in looking for suspicious behavior...don't you think?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Mar 2011 10:31 #3 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Homeland Hysteria
Observing Truly Orthodox Jews pray may be of concern to others. I know all about the tradition of Tefillin and wouldn't have been shocked, but I can see how others might get nervous over seeing something so different.

Better safe than sorry, I have to admit.

14 Mar 2011 10:51 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Homeland Hysteria
I have never seen that style of prayer either and I would be going into lockdown mode too.
Would there need to be a reason to do that in flight? If I had been them, I would have chosen to pray in a more private place on the ground.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Mar 2011 10:56 #5 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic Homeland Hysteria
They're simply taking the shema literally (google the term if you're not familiar with it). No - Orthodox prayer is not an unusual thing - especially around this time of year.

Although I'll admit --- seeing someone in America pray seems to be a highly unusual and suspicious thing........

The response/reaction is downright silly.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds