Does anyone really care?

03 Jun 2010 22:39 #1 by pchistory
Colorado, and more specifically Platte Canyon, History topics seem to be largely ignored both here and at pinecam any more. Is there any real interest in the rich history of the area? Or are you all relative newcomers who don't relate/don't care?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2010 23:32 #2 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Does anyone really care?
I'm interested in learning. What have you to offer up?

04 Jun 2010 05:42 #3 by pound dog mom
I love reading about the history. It is so interesting to hear the how and whys! Keep em coming!

04 Jun 2010 06:22 #4 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Does anyone really care?
I read 2 books about the history here and loved it, they were not the best written but fun reading none the less. Unfortunately I forgot the names but the bookstore in Aspen Park carried one.

04 Jun 2010 06:48 #5 by LopingAlong
I love hearing and reading about the history of this area. I don't always have a lot ot add though. Sorry!

04 Jun 2010 08:32 #6 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Does anyone really care?
Visiting old ghost towns is on my agenda this month. I've a book on the topic that I will be using. Having insight on who trod where before me makes it all come to life.

But direct to your question. Have you even posted anything on this site about Colorado history for us to read?

09 Jun 2010 10:16 #7 by ComputerBreath
My mom bought a book at the Knotty Pine in Bailey about the history of the area. I found it fascinating and every time I pass the holes in the rocks between Platte Canyon High School and Bailey, remember where they came from. History, has always been a topic I enjoy discussing.

My dad's dad was born in 1901 in Fountain CO. My mom's grandfather was the Dean of Colorado University Medical School. Her dad graduated from East High School in Denver. So I have a lot of family history in Colorado...probably a lot more than I know.

09 Jun 2010 11:07 #8 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Does anyone really care?

Rockdoc wrote: Visiting old ghost towns is on my agenda this month. I've a book on the topic that I will be using. Having insight on who trod where before me makes it all come to life.

But direct to your question. Have you even posted anything on this site about Colorado history for us to read?

I love old ghost towns. If you find any great ones, I would love to hear about them. And we still need to get together while you are in town this time. VFW breakfast on the 20th for sure!!

09 Jun 2010 21:50 #9 by Sapp
Replied by Sapp on topic Does anyone really care?
Interested in local history? Let me suggest the Park County Local History Archives website at http://www.parkcoarchives.org

In addition to over 3000 photos there are almost three dozen Oral Histories that capture the real life experiences of Park County residents. If your looking for something specific, don't forget to use the search tool. It will save you a lot of time.

If you are looking for books on Local History, check out the "Company Store" on the South Park City website at http://www.southparkcity.org (There is a 10% discount for members.)

Enjoy,
Jim.

09 Jun 2010 21:53 #10 by pchistory
Replied by pchistory on topic Does anyone really care?
Great point! My sister and I are part way through our contribution of an oral history. It's a great resource.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds