Brookside McCurdy Hike THIS SATURDAY AUG. 28!!!!!

24 Aug 2010 00:04 #1 by AlpineMike
Who will join me THIS Saturday August 28, 9am Brookside McCurdy Trailhead in Bailey? I hike every weekend, but this weekend I want to help out while doing what I love!
Go to Bailey and turn south (bridge over the South Platte River) onto frontage road at the post office and Moore Lumber. Stay left at “Y” on CR 64, follow dirt road to sign for Payne Gulch and Brookside Trails on left. Good amount of parking at trailhead.
This Saturday we will hike for Barry's health!!! :heart:
$2 per mile donation (or whatever you feel appropriate)
I (AlpineMike) will help lead the hike!!! :thumbsup: I'll be the one around for those who want to "go the extra mile" and desire a healthy hike. If you think you can make it to the Payne Benchmark or even Craig Creek, I'll be there with you!! (Challange me!!!) :woo hoo: :woo hoo:
Please bring plenty of water, some snacks and GOOD SPIRITS!!! See you there.
HELP is URGENTLY NEEDED for our local resident from Bailey, who desperately needs a special treatment for the rare form of SARCOMA CANCER,
that he has battled for the past two years.
The cost for the IMMUNOTHERAPY TREATMENT will be $25,000.00!!!!
Family and friends are desperate to raise funds. Please help.

We will have a prize for the hiker with the most miles!!! (AlpineMike WILL NOT accept prize!)

We have such a great community here in Bailey

PLEASE help, with this cause if you haven't done so already. 285bound has graciously offered to match our donations up to $500 - we still have a ways to go.

here is a link for directions: http://www.go-colorado.com/Brookside-McCurdy-Trail/

For more info you can contact Sophia Paul, . , 303-838-3322

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Aug 2010 19:46 #2 by AlpineMike
Don't be shy people, you can hike any distance you're comfortable with! We need some hikers, so lets do this!!!!

24 Aug 2010 20:30 #3 by RY
the prize is a :biggrin: $50 giftcard to Kingsoopers :biggrin: - donated by 285bound, for the hiker with the most miles!!! :woo hoo:

27 Aug 2010 20:04 #4 by AlpineMike
Cmon!!!! There is a prize and YOU can win it!!! (I'm not accepting it) After all, it's for a great cause so EVERYONE is a WINNER!!!!

27 Aug 2010 20:08 #5 by JMC
Great cause and even a little helps. I can't hike tomorrow but will try and add to the results, it is a beautiful and easy hike.

27 Aug 2010 20:16 #6 by MyMountainTown
Just to let everyone know we spoke to the hike organizers and they someone will take the "tougher" hikers and someone else will stay with the slower one's. Nobody is hiking alone and they will be prepared with first aid kit, gps etc. (There will be trained backpacking leaders with survival training etc. ) so between the excellent knowledge and "youthful strength" of the hiking leaders it should be a very safe hike.

We also have a $50 Visa Card for the hikers that go the longest distance. Have fun for a good cause.

285 Bound Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

27 Aug 2010 20:57 #7 by RY
seems like we will have quite a few pledges (even though they may not be able to hike with us) and there are some people coming who didn't respond to our posts - YEAH!!! :sunshine:
http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... a9ea2278c7

28 Aug 2010 06:51 #8 by RY
Rosie from Mills Mountaineering in Pine Junction asked me to post this

Brad (my husband) will be at the hike. We also want to donate using sales in our store. So for every purchase over $20 we will donate $10 to the cause!

Thanks so much to Mills Mountaineering  :Thanks: :heart:

30 Aug 2010 14:08 #9 by AlpineMike
The hike was great! Brad and I hiked a total of 16.4 miles! We hiked all the way to Craig Creek in Craig Park. We re-supplied our water at the creek and then returned the same way back on Brookside/McCurdy Trail.

30 Aug 2010 22:24 #10 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Brookside McCurdy Hike THIS SATURDAY AUG. 28!!!!!
Alpine Mike. Nice! What a day.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds