Remember to get your new fishing License.

14 Apr 2011 15:05 #11 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Remember to get your new fishing License.
WtH? Average?? LOL I am going fishing this weekend hell or high water.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2011 18:05 #12 by Martin Ent Inc

CinnamonGirl wrote: WtH? Average?? LOL I am going fishing this weekend hell or high water.

When you are ready,,, grasshopper I will show you where anything less than 24 is released.

19 Apr 2011 10:54 #13 by BearMtnHIB
Just got my combination fishing/small game license last weekend.

For any of you out there who got this combination license- just thought I'd let everyone know that I was told that without a HIP # you can get a $50 fine if you are checked by the DOW.

You must go to the colohip.com website and answer a bunch of questions and they will issue you a hip # that must be added to the combination license by you.

Just thought I'd throw this out there - it might save someone from getting a fine.

19 Apr 2011 12:02 #14 by Martin Ent Inc
only if you are hunting small game:
You can do it over the phone.

Once a small game license is purchased, hunters must still validate the license by registering with the Harvest Information Program to obtain a "HIP" number. During the registration process, hunters will be asked a series of questions regarding their waterfowl hunting results from the previous seasons.

21 May 2011 20:25 #15 by AlpineMike
Thanks! I got mine last weekend. I tried to get to Gibson Lake for a fun altitude fish. Still plenty of snow up there! I lost a part of my pole on the trail. Give me a pm if you find it! :thumbsup:

22 May 2011 09:36 #16 by Photo-fish
Did you make it up to the lake? What is your estimate for ice-off?
I was up @ Beaver Meadows and by Bear Tracks last week for work. No snow, the ponds are open and I spooked a number of brookies. This area does not open for public access until 6/15.

I was on Guanella yesterday with the dogs. It was still very white with some fresh snow. You could drive just short of the Duck Lake cabins. I hiked around the valley where the beaver ponds WERE. The dams look like they were all blown out. If the beavers are still there, they have a lot of work to do before the fish will be back.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

22 May 2011 11:17 #17 by AlpineMike
Hey P-F! Starting at 12:50 pm, I hiked CR60 half a mile to get to the Gibson Lake TH. From there I hiked another 1.5 miles to 11,250'. The snow was over 3' deep above 10,500' elevation. I had another 1.5 miles to go in some avalanche prone snow conditions.
It was 4pm when I decided to turn back.
My thermometer was reading 45'F in the shade at 11,000' and the lake is at 11,870. I'm thinking the ice off may be over 50% (even for a small lake). Lake Fork was flowing very nice and speedy. A couple warm sunny days will make the lake more accessible.
I might have kept going if I had my snowshoes.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds