Happy 46th Anniversary Star Trek!!!

07 Sep 2012 12:09 #1 by ScienceChic
46 years ago today Star Trek debuted on TV...and our lives were forever made better! tongue:

Check out today's Google Doodle!

:like:

Favorite episode? Mine's still The Trouble With Tribbles

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Sep 2012 13:39 #2 by Raees
I like the one with the Coms and the Yangs (Communists and Yanks). I also like Frank Gorshin in "Let that be your last battlefield" where the two guys with black and white faces were chasing each other. A subtle dig at those who feel superior because of skin color during a tumultuous time in the Civil Rights era.

07 Sep 2012 14:57 #3 by pacamom
didja play with all the doodles and get transported?

11 Sep 2012 18:22 #4 by terbear
:thumbsup:

11 Sep 2012 20:10 #5 by LOL
I still like watching the original re-runs. Tonite was the time travel episode where they sling-shotted around the Sun to go back in time. LOL I met Scottie the Engineer once at a star trek show in Boston.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

19 Aug 2013 14:23 #6 by ScienceChic
And a Happy Birthday to the genius who started it all!

File Attachment:

From Roddenberry.com facebook page

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Aug 2013 20:15 #7 by BaconLover

Science Chic wrote: And a Happy Birthday to the genius who started it all!

From Roddenberry.com facebook page

Nerd.....

14 Mar 2014 19:32 #8 by ScienceChic
A little interesting trivia for you Trekkies out there:

[youtube:1y91ef6y]
[/youtube:1y91ef6y]

Published on Feb 6, 2014

Leonard Nimoy explains the Jewish story behind the hand-gesture he made famous through his role as Spock on in the Star Trek science fiction series.

To watch the full interview, visit: http://bit.ly/1lCZphz

See Leonard Nimoy's photography series inspired by the same event: http://www.rmichelson.com/Artist_Pages/ ... hekina.htm

To learn more about the Wexler Oral History Project, visit: http://www.yiddishbookcenter.org/tell-your-story

14 Mar 2014 20:52 #9 by FredHayek
And Kirk over Picard!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Mar 2014 09:53 #10 by homeagain
THANKS SC for the tidbit of information...it's always cool to know the "back story" on something.

So I have to ask the question....am I the ONLY one that can NOT manage to "sign" with either
hand.....seems only my LEFT hand and fingers can accomplish "live long and prosper"???

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds