Denver ComicCon This Weekend

29 May 2013 14:08 #1 by FredHayek
Anyone going? I haven't gone in years, but I am thinking about going with some old high school friends and their kids.

One of the older Doctor Who's will be there, and also William Shatner. Stan Lee cancelled.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 May 2013 14:21 #2 by ScienceChic
If I'd bought tickets specifically to see Stan Lee, I'd be pissed. Those sold out within minutes, I wonder if they're giving refunds?

Unfortunately, I can't - I may have to report for jury duty. Next time!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

29 May 2013 15:13 #3 by FredHayek
I haven't been in years but I was shocked to see how much people were willing to pay to see Stan Lee. He must be really ill to pass up on that payday. IIRC, they are offering to replace your Stan Lee tixs with Kirk access, but I wouldn't think many of the people interested in Lee could care less about William Shatner.

01 Jun 2013 21:40 #4 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic Denver ComicCon This Weekend
Went today and it was pretty cool. Wife took a bunch of pics. Overall a good day, I'd go again, lots of people in costume!

01 Jun 2013 22:01 #5 by FredHayek
Total disaster! Long lines to buy tickets. Long lines to get in. People had to wait to get to the fun level. Next year I will go much earlier. BTW great costumes from the people waiting to get in.

01 Jun 2013 23:45 #6 by ScienceChic
I have another friend who's gone both days now and not been happy at all at the lines. I saw a news story that they actually made some people leave who'd been waiting for hours to get in, I'm guessing because they were at capacity inside? Guess they weren't prepared for how many fans there are in Denver. :) Saw a pic on George Takei's page of him signing someone's chest-wish I could meet him (Takei, not the random dude with sharpie scrawled on him). LOL

btw, FH, love your sig line - I was actually contemplating putting it in mine as well cuz I'm gonna be misbehaving here shortly! Muhahahaha!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Jun 2013 08:16 #7 by FredHayek
I really hope the organizers do a better job next year. Maybe ask the Broncos or Rockies for advice on how to handle big crowds?

02 Jun 2013 08:28 #8 by Blazer Bob

FredHayek wrote: I really hope the organizers do a better job next year. Maybe ask the Broncos or Rockies for advice on how to handle big crowds?

One of the morning show guys (Dan Larue(?) ) interviewed one of the organizer/founders. After seeing that, I am not surprised.

02 Jun 2013 09:12 #9 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic Denver ComicCon This Weekend
Well, not to be a wet blanket, but the wife and I went down after three in the afternoon when it was crowded as Tartarus and had no problems. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly and the food was awesome (although overpriced but that's the way it is at those kinds of things). Course, and I'm gonna take a lesson in patience here, the wife bought tickets well in advance so all we had to do was walk in and get our badges. Then we spent most of our time in the upper Expo area (where all the cool stuff is anyway, who wants to wait in line to hear someone talk?) and looked at all the props, comics and film stuff. SO THERE! LMFAO! :rofllol

02 Jun 2013 17:09 #10 by chickaree
Kids went and are having a great time!

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds