Ben Affleck Will Be The Next Batman?

23 Aug 2013 14:41 #11 by Argyle
Replied by Argyle on topic Ben Affleck Will Be The Next Batman?

jmc wrote: Sorry for that but my dad and I watched the Yankees but I really didn't care who played Roger Maris in the movie.

you should have. barry pepper was awful as Maris. almost as bad as his portrayal of dale earnhardt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Aug 2013 15:52 #12 by Argyle
Replied by Argyle on topic Ben Affleck Will Be The Next Batman?

jmc wrote:

Argyle wrote: worst batman ever

You haven't seen the trailer yet, not close to the movie.
Hold your horses and get a life.

Have you seen Daredevil?

23 Aug 2013 16:04 #13 by JMC

Argyle wrote:

jmc wrote:

Argyle wrote: worst batman ever

You haven't seen the trailer yet, not close to the movie.
Hold your horses and get a life.

Have you seen Daredevil?

No but Pacino, DeNero, Brando and Hanks made crap movies.

04 Sep 2013 13:16 #14 by ScienceChic
I've got mixed feelings on this. I like Ben Affleck, I think he's a decent enough actor; however, Daredevil was atrocious (though not all his fault) so this casting doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. I'll be waiting to see how it comes along and what the trailers look like (you can't fool the fanboys/girls at Aintitcool.com - they can smell BS months out).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Sep 2013 10:37 #15 by ScienceChic
21 Actors Who Would Make A Better Batman Than Ben Affleck

I admit, I'm putting this in here for the yumminess factor, so I can go back and flip through the pictures anytime I want! :biggrin:

Definitely agree on Ryan Gosling, Karl Urban, Jeremy Renner, Zachary Quinto (he's got The Chin for it). Idris Elba would be a fascinating choice!
File Attachment:

Totally disagree that Jason Statham (not enough passion, too stiff), Josh Brolin (too cerebral), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (he'd make a better Commissioner Gordon), Jake Gyllenhall, Viggo Mortensen (I'd only expect him to whip out a sword and head to Mordor), or Clint Eastwood (wtf???) would fit. Likewise, I don't want to see Eric Bana, Gerard Butler, Chris Hemsworth or Christian Bale.

Matt Bomer? He's got the pretty-boy looks for Bruce Wayne, but the physical skills for Batman? Not sure. Adore him in White Collar, but doesn't seem to fit here. I'd love to be proven wrong (I'm really disappointed that he wasn't picked for the lead role in 50 Shades of Grey)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Sep 2013 14:33 #16 by FredHayek
I think Ben Affleck will do a good job as Batman. More worried about the screenwriters, the directors, and the whole story. Superman Vs. Batman was usually a dud in the comic books.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds