civil war book

05 Mar 2014 09:01 #11 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic civil war book

Mtn Gramma wrote: The Gutenburg site has a link to download to a Kindle but I can't find what the process is, and when I downloaded the .mobi file to my computer I can't open it.

When you download to your kindle from places other than Amazon, how do you do it? Sorry to be so dense.

I have not done this and might not. I do not like the idea of my Kindle and my computer talking behind my back. Still ...

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2014/03/ ... ks-kindle/

Getting these books onto your e-reader is quite easy. Just download the .mobi file and install the Send to Kindle app on your computer. The latter is available for OS X and Windows, and will upload your personal files to Amazon’s Whispernet network. Just install and launch the app, and drag the book onto the Send to Kindle window. Before upload, you can even adjust the book’s metadata and choose how you want to download the book to your Kindle–via Wi-Fi (free), or with Amazon’s Whispernet ($.15MB). Most books are less than a megabyte so if your Kindle is away from a Wi-Fi network and you want to read it right now, the small fee might be worth it."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Mar 2014 18:06 #12 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic civil war book
Thanks for the info. I think I'll have to be awfully desperate to let my technology sources chat each other up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds