YES!!! Deadpool Is Finally Getting His Bloody Due: A Movie in February 2016

23 Sep 2014 13:22 #1 by ScienceChic
ERMAGERDPLEEEEEEEZZZZE!!!! I'll take Ryan Reynolds or Karl Urban, either would rock the role! :drool:

Deadpool Is Finally Getting His Bloody Due: A Movie in February 2016
By Josh Dickey
4 days ago

LOS ANGELES — Comic books are selling at a record clip these days, in no small part due to the success of Deadpool, Marvel's trash-talking, fourth-wall-breaking mercenary whose legions of costumed fans are overrunning every 'Con you can shake a ninja sword at.

Why rights-holder 20th Century Fox took this long to greenlight a Deadpool movie, nobody knows. But it looks like it's finally happened.

Months after a test reel leaked Ryan Reynolds reprising his role as the title character, Fox confirms to Mashable that it has greenlit the film for a Feb. 12, 2016 release date.

Now the question becomes: Will Deadpool be rated R? It should be. Deadpool is as dark and bloody as he is funny — he loves to kill, because he's very good at it — and his gallows humor is what makes him so ... lovable?

Deadpool Recast: Who Could Play the Merc With a Mouth Besides Ryan Reynolds?
By Alisha Grausoon September 22nd, 2014

Given a chance to shine - and a decent script (regardless of whether or not it's R-rated), I think Reynolds would nail the role (Exhibit A: the Deadpool test footage).

But I understand that not everyone feels the same way. And, in fact, when I wrote that a Deadpool release date has been set, some of you commented you wanted another actor in the role. But if not Ryan Reynolds, then who? Good question.

Here are 5 choices I think could fill the Merc's shoes.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Sep 2014 07:16 #2 by FredHayek
Should have time to read the graphic novels and catch up on it. The Tick is back too. I am reading the omnibus of that right now. What a great sendup on superheroes.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Sep 2014 08:26 #3 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Apr 2015 17:18 #4 by ScienceChic
Ryan Reynolds (and his stunt double) suit up and jump right into action while filming car crash scene for Deadpool
By Christine Rendon for MailOnline
Published: 6 April 2015

Showcasing the character's proclivity for tomfoolery, he was shown laid out in a seductive pose across a bear-skin rug in front of a fire.

The provocative pose was a spoof of Burt Reynold's infamous naked centerfold spread for Cosmopolitan in the Seventies.

The caption was yet another reference to pop culture as it was a play off of Spider-Man's famous 'with great power, comes great responsibility' line.

Deadpool, which has sparked discussion over receiving an R or PG-13 rating, is due out for release in 2016.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-30...l.html#ixzz3WfUwnIJW
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Oh, it's definitely rated R, as it should be! :2thumbsup:
Ryan Reynolds and Mario Lopez Pull the Ultimate April Fools' Joke! Watch

Attachments:

07 Apr 2015 19:13 #5 by FredHayek
After the disaster known as Green Lantern, I didn't think Ryan Reynolds should ever play another superhero but I could see him as Deadpool, Merc With a Mouth, an antihero.

07 Apr 2015 21:38 #6 by ScienceChic
He was the one bright spot in the disaster that was the Wolverine movie, until they screwed up his character at the end (really? sewing shut the mouth of the 'Merc with a Mouth'?). He's got the attitude piece - I'm really looking forward to this!

10 Aug 2015 18:45 #7 by ScienceChic
Okay, so I posted the NSFW version in the Ring (which truly is Deadpool), but if you want the sanitized version, here's the trailer.

13 Aug 2015 07:06 #8 by FredHayek
Just watched the Red Band last night. Funny. Comments were brutal about it on You-tube however. "Only a movie a fifteen year old could like." I predict it should do pretty good.

10 Jan 2016 10:44 #9 by ScienceChic

Attachments:

17 Jan 2016 15:15 - 17 Jan 2016 15:23 #10 by ScienceChic
:whip: :popcorn: If you want to see it in its proper [adult] glory, head to this topic in The Ring .

Love the addition of some X-Men (especially Colossus!)

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds