The Six Million (Billion) Dollar Man - Remake with Mark Wahlberg

07 Nov 2014 10:55 #1 by ScienceChic
OMG I just heard the best news that literally had me :drool: - Weinstein & Co is going to remake The Six Million Dollar Man, one of my favorite TV shows as a wee little one, with studmuffin Mark Wahlberg.

My imagination is firing just picturing him running and fighting...Hubba hubba OH MAN! 2016 can't get here fast enough. :P

Mark Wahlberg Will Star In, Rename The Six Million Dollar Man
By Emma Jones
2014-11-06

In a recent post on Deadline , the site reports that Mark Wahlberg is planning on re-teaming with his Lone Survivor director, Peter Berg, to adapt The Million Dollar Man as a Weinstein Co. feature.

As per the original series, Austin’s legs, arm and eye will all be bionic, inadvertently giving him super-human powers with which he helps aid the Office of Scientific Intelligence. It goes without saying that Wahlberg sure as hell has the muscle to pull off such a role...

Caution: strong language contained in this article
They have the technology...Mark Wahlberg and Peter Berg will make THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN better than it was before!
Published at: Nov. 6, 2014, 2:55 p.m. CST by Papa Vinyard

They are aiming to get this together quickly for a 2016 release, so we should be hearing more about this reboot soon, including who will play the updated versions of Oscar Goldman, Dr. Wells, and probably even Jamie Summers a.k.a. THE BIONIC WOMAN. Her presence seems like a no-brainer, but it's not like the studios are in the business of setting up inter-connected franchises these days...

As for Berg, I'm a little on the fence. On one hand, he crafted a nice slice of intensity with Wahlberg on LONE SURVIVOR. On the other hand, he's better suited to his more personal projects than big studio stuff like BATTLESHIP and HANCOCK. This is a decidedly commercial film based on a pre-existing IP, so I hope Berg has some sort of childhood affection for THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN, or any sort of genuine interest beyond just "doing the rounds" and "making one for them". There's no doubt you could make a cool SIX BILLION DOLLAR MAN in 2016, but I'm just hoping Berg is the man to do it.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Nov 2014 15:06 #2 by FredHayek
Have you watched the old series recently? It is pretty cringe-worthy. But I would probably give a re-boot a new chance. With inflation, would it be the six billion man? I wonder if they will give him a partially cybernetic brain?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Nov 2014 15:58 #3 by ComputerBreath
Some re-dos work, some not so much.

I love the Hawaii 5-0 re-do.
Hated the Charlie's Angels TV re-do, but loved the movies Drew Barrymore did.

Hafta wait & see how this is done...

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds