John Lasseter will direct 'Toy Story 4' for 2017 -- BREAKING

07 Nov 2014 14:18 #1 by ScienceChic
They are also working on a Cars 3. I'm with the general sentiment mentioned - wait and see, kind of worried it will be a disappointment but giving them the benefit of the doubt because they've usually come through with (mostly) great films.

John Lasseter will direct 'Toy Story 4' for 2017 -- BREAKING
By Anthony Breznican on Nov 6, 2014

The Pixar chief who changed the animation game with his innovative use of computer technology in 1995’s Toy Story will return to the directing chair to make a fourth movie about the adventures of Woody, Buzz, and the gang, Walt Disney CEO Robert Iger announced Tuesday.

The film is set to hit theaters in June 16, 2017, and in a somewhat surprising twist it will be written by Rashida Jones, formerly of NBC’s Parks and Recreation, and her screenwriting partner Will McCormack (who penned the 2012 indie romantic comedy Celeste and Jesse Forever.)

The story was conceived, however, by the Pixar brain trust: Lasseter, Finding Nemo‘s Andrew Stanton, Up and Monsters Inc.‘s Pete Docter, and and Toy Story 3‘s Lee Unkrich.

TOY STORY 4 directed by John Lasseter coming at you in June 2017!!
Published at: Nov. 6, 2014, 4:30 p.m. CST by Papa Vinyard

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Nov 2014 08:54 #2 by FredHayek
I will probably check it out. The animation is so much better in only a decade.

Joke: in Toy Story, turns out the toys in Andys Mom's toybox are also named Buzz and Woody.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds