Hell on Wheels Marathon!

08 Nov 2014 15:51 #1 by otisptoadwater
AMC is running back to back episodes of Hell on Wheels today!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Nov 2014 08:45 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Hell on Wheels Marathon!
Always wanted to see that show. Pretty good? Might buy it on DVD.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Nov 2014 21:27 #3 by otisptoadwater
Fred,

I would recommend checking it out on line first, it's a graphic show and the producers are deliberate in their production of just how mean and ugly in the late 1800 really was. That's probably why I like the show so much, there's no fluff. Hell on Wheels, in my humble assessment, is as frank and honest a representation of real life in the late 1800's as you'd likely find anywhere eles in the world of enternainment. Sadly those who actually lived in the late 1800's are no longer with us (even I'm not THAT old), so there aren't any whitnesses left to ask what life was really like way back then.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

10 Nov 2014 23:43 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Hell on Wheels Marathon!
Like the history of the time. Want to check out Deadwood too. I knew it was a brutal time so good to see they show it.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds