Wild: New Reese Witherspoon Movie

04 Dec 2014 07:06 #1 by FredHayek
:sunnysnow: The movie is about a 22 year old woman whose life falls apart after a divorce and her parents deaths so she decides to hike the 1000 mile long Pacific Trail. I am really interested in seeing this movie. Might even inspire me to do more hiking this winter and summer.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Dec 2014 13:49 #2 by Rick
Is Reese the 22 yr old?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Dec 2014 15:14 #3 by FredHayek
Yes, probably a little old for the role, but I don't think the age really matters here.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Dec 2014 23:33 #4 by ScienceChic
Well this was encouraging: A Hiker’s Review of Wild the Movie

I liked Wild the Book, although my one complaint was that as a hiker, I wasn’t feeling the anxiety and suspense that most readers must have experienced. For the normal Oprah book club reader, there must be thrill in reading about crossing snowfields or climbing over boulders. As a hiker, my reaction while reading the book was “well, I know what she has to do to get out of this situation,” and “Yeah, that happens.”

However, in movie form, Cheryl’s outdoor troubles were pretty fun to watch. What made Wild a joy to watch was that we now know exactly how to get out of that situation (and in fact, now that situation isn’t a big deal anymore).

I was also satisfied by how accurately Wild portrayed hikertrash life. In a scene where Cheryl camps with other hikers, I was so impressed with the actors playing thru-hikers that I wondered if the casting agent just decided to find real thru-hikers instead of SAG cardholders.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

15 Dec 2014 23:47 #5 by otisptoadwater
I like Reese, she's "perky" and "pointy" too!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds