Fav films from the past?

24 Mar 2020 16:36 #11 by ScienceChic
Me too, FH. All those movies that were scheduled to come out during this shutdown are going to be hurting for box-office returns. I'm grateful there aren't any Marvel films scheduled during this time, but wonder if Black Widow will be pushed back from May 1st?

I told my kids that since they are home from school and I'm now in charge of their education, it will include classic movies and TV shows. :biggrin: They're already groaning at the thought of The X-Files, Twin Peaks, and original Star Trek! Muhahahaha!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Mar 2020 08:43 #12 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Fav films from the past?

ScienceChic wrote: Me too, FH. All those movies that were scheduled to come out during this shutdown are going to be hurting for box-office returns. I'm grateful there aren't any Marvel films scheduled during this time, but wonder if Black Widow will be pushed back from May 1st?

I told my kids that since they are home from school and I'm now in charge of their education, it will include classic movies and TV shows. :biggrin: They're already groaning at the thought of The X-Files, Twin Peaks, and original Star Trek! Muhahahaha!

Peyton Manning would give the new rookies a list of films they had to watch to understand his references and his demeanor. Only makes sense to show your kids the movies and media that helped shape you and were your favorites.

My mom always watched Gone With The Wind and Somewhere in Time. She was a fiend for her soap operas, but she also enjoyed calling them out when the storylines got too bizarre.
It helped us understand her.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Apr 2020 09:01 - 01 Apr 2020 09:05 #13 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Fav films from the past?
PEGGY SUE GOT MARRIED...."we had heat,baby, passion, fire" .....said the cool, beatnik boy.

and "I thought chicks like U traveled in packs"

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds