× Dr. Mike Brooks can help you improve your marriage and personal or work relationships using his over 30 years experience. | Website | 303-456-0555 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

If you're considering divorce or a separation "A must read"

11 Jan 2012 09:59 #1 by DrMike
I certainly know all about the pain of being alone while contemplating the option of divorce. For me, it happened while we both still lived in the same house. I was broken in spirit, frightened about my future, and had no one to turn to.

I had friends, and good ones, but in the throws of divorce you think, I don't want to burden them with my marriage problems. I need, and have to get professional help-- someone who has my best interests at heart but is objective in helping me get results.

See if this is a picture in which you see yourself. It's Late at night, you've been sitting on the couch, or lying in bed. You begin to realize as you stare at the ceiling, maybe my marriage is over. It’s difficult for you to talk to anyone. You don't want your family or your friends to know what you have been thinking. Besides, it’s just plain embarrassing. You ask yourself, should I try to save and fight for my marriage, or should I just end it? It’s all so confusing.

Too often, help seems so far away from you. Whether you live in the burbs, the country, mountains, the middle of nowhere USA, or even a big city, you can easily feel isolated and alone among the crowds of people. You try to appear as normal as you can outside, while inside, you’re dealing with your own private turmoil. You say to yourself, I need someone to talk to! But, where can I go and to whom can I turn to get that help? I need a divorce coach/divorce counselor to be a sounding board and make sense of my mess for me. I’m just not sure where to start.

That’s why I personally write for Idontwantthisdivorce.com Divorce Coaching and Divorce Counseling.

Divorce coaching/divorcing counseling Is affordable, accessible, anonymous, and available by appointment. And you don’t even have to come to my office. Sometimes, that makes it feel safer. We can connect by phone, or use various communication options on the internet. That also means you don’t have to plan travel time or additional expense to meet with me. Plus, your anonymity and privacy are completely secure. I have many out of state clients, who prefer this effective means for Divorce Coaching and Divorce Counseling.

Many of you have expressed an interest in talking with me about how to save your marriage, or how to end it. Having gone through the pain myself, I’d be glad to help. Click here https://my.timedriver.com/Q2CHL . to receive a free 30-minute appointment, I’m making my calendar available for you to schedule a no obligation 30 minute appointment to see if divorce coaching or divorce counseling can help you. so I can help walk you through the process, step-by-step, whatever option you choose.

It won’t just go away by itself. Let me help you resolve one of the most painful times in your life, so you can start moving forward again. Make that your first step right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jun 2016 15:31 #2 by DrMike
When Someone Encourages You to Get a Divorce By Dr. Michael Brooks

When is the last time you heard someone say to you or a friend, “If I were you I would get a divorce.”? I hear it all the time in my office. I had a young man in my office just two weeks ago who told me, “My friends said that I should get a divorce, and I think they are right!” Wow! I am amazed at how many people get talked into a life changing decision without seeing the consequences of divorce.

I let my clients know upfront that divorce is a sobering experience. It’s not for the faint of heart. Not only does it terminate the marital relationship, but divorce can also terminate relationships with your in-laws, good friends, and even your own family. What is the price you will pay for your divorce? Well my friends, here are some sobering facts that may enlighten you on divorce in the US:

United States Divorce Statistics

Most people already know that around 50 percent of marriages in the United States end in divorce. The number is similarly high in many other developed nations.

When you break that down by number of marriages:

• 41 percent of first marriages end in divorce.
• 60 percent of second marriages end in divorce.
• 73 percent of third marriages end in divorce.

In America, there is one divorce every 13 seconds. That’s 6,646 divorces per day, and 46,523 divorces per week. The average length of a marriage that ends in divorce is eight years.

Statistics on the Likelihood of Divorce

If your parents are happily married, your risk of divorce decreases by 14 percent. People who wait to marry until they are over the age of 25 are 24 percent less likely to get divorced. Living together before getting married can increase the chance of getting divorced by as much as 40 percent.

Divorce and Children Statistics
• The divorce rate among couples with children is 40 percent lower than couples without children.
• Forty-three percent of children growing up in America today are being raised without their fathers.
• Seventy-five percent of children with divorced parents live with their mother.
• Twenty-eight percent of children living with a divorced parent live in a household with an income below the poverty line.
• Half of all American children will witness the breakup of a parent’s marriage. Of these children, close to half will also see the breakup of a parent’s second marriage.

These are very enlightening statistics, in fact, several of you will be able to relate to some of these numbers. Before you even consider getting a divorce make sure that you talk to someone who can help you sort through the mess you’re in. If you’re listening to a friend who is giving you advice about ending your marriage, don’t! They may think they’re looking out for your best interest, but they don’t see the pitfalls that can cost you your marriage in case it is salvageable. Don’t forget; divorce cost you financially in the long run. Divorce should only be an option if you can’t work things out and, /or the other party wants no part of reconciliation.

Before you see a lawyer, please give me a call and let’s talk about the problems in your marriage…all of them! Many issues in an unhealthy marriage are misunderstandings, lack of communication or unwillingness to make changes to fix the marriage. Maybe you need to be heard, and the only way to get your spouse to listen is to threaten divorce. Is it possible you don’t know how to sit down and talk about your problems and end up arguing and getting nowhere? If that’s the case, I can help you set up a game plan that will get your questions answered and how to plan your future.

Don’t let your marriage fail because of your lack of doing nothing to change things. The regrets I hear from a broken hearted divorced spouse causes a lot of pain for everyone involved. Don’t live in the “would have, should have, could have” the world. I want people to know that giving your marriage every chance to survive is worth the effort. If it doesn’t work, then you can look back and say, “I gave it my all.”

Are you in a difficult, loveless marriage and need help in getting control of it? Do you want to confront your spouse with your concerns? Do you need help in putting together your talking points? Are you someone who needs help in stopping negative thoughts about your spouse? If you answered yes to any of these questions, give me a call, I can help you.
---
Dr. Michael Brooks is the founder of Applicable Counseling & Life Coaching Services. His services are affordable, accessible, anonymous and available by appointment from the privacy of your own home. To avoid travel time and the comfort of home, many clients prefer to meet with Dr. Mike over the phone or via Skype. The convenience of this type of coaching is the most effective means of Counseling. Give Dr. Mike a call at 303.456.0555! You’ll be glad you did!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds