× Dr. Mike Brooks can help you improve your marriage and personal or work relationships using his over 30 years experience. | Website | 303-456-0555 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

When You Can't Forgive Yourself (1) By Dr. Michael Brooks

16 Jan 2017 15:14 - 16 Jan 2017 15:18 #1 by DrMike
When You Can’t Forgive Yourself (1) By Dr. Michael Brooks

I have heard many stories where some people just can’t forgive themselves for either something they have done, or what someone did to them. It’s sad that we live in a world where so much hurt persists. It’s even sadder when we continue to beat ourselves up for something we should have let go and moved on with our lives years ago. Why some people hold on to self-unforgiveness, which continues to hold them down and prevents them from living a life with a clear conscious is beyond me. The freeing effect to function in everyday life is yours just for the taking. That next step is up to you if you allow yourself to let go what is holding you back.
While you carry this unwarranted and undeserving guilt, do you realize the effects this has on your family and friends? The people you love want you to have the freedom of moving on with your life and enjoying being a part of a healthy family. This problem is common, and the symptoms are so clear to the loved ones who live with this person. Keep in mind that the people who can’t forgive themselves live in a cold and closed world. They can’t enjoy family functions nor can they allow themselves to laugh and enjoy life.

To read the rest of this article go to this link: idontwantthisdivorce.com/2017/01/1584/
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds